Master of Science in Electrical Engineering
Gain advanced, in-depth knowledge across a breath of electrical engineering topics and use state-of-the-art technology. Become an innovator, researcher and technical leader in your profession.
- 46 credit curriculum
- Part- or full-time enrollment
- Afternoon and evening classes designed for working professionals
- Research opportunities with faculty
Students tailor their path through the program and choose the coursework or thesis option. These pathways give students the opportunity to acquire advanced skills and further conceptual understanding of electrical engineering. Alumni are ready to advance in their careers with the skills to design, analyze and optimize electronic and electrical systems.
Interested in switching your career to electrical engineering?
Gain the background or refresh your skills to prepare to go into the Master of Science in Electrical Engineering. Take six graduate-level courses in nine months to build a strong foundation in DC circuit analysis, digital systems, device electronics, AC circuits and power, signals and systems, and embedded systems.
Explore the graduate certificate program.
Interested in an information session?
Join us for an overview of the program. Our graduate advisor will answer your questions about the program, admission, and career opportunities.
STILL ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS
Email us or make an admissions advising appointment about applying.
October 3 (Domestic)
Start your application
Watch our latest Electrical Engineering Research Talk
Dr. Seungkeun Choi, associate professor and EE program coordinator, and Moosa Raza, MSEE candidate, talk about Next generation memory technology: a Resistive Random-Access (ReRAM) Memory. In this research talk, Dr. Choi explains the fundamentals of a ReRAM device and presents the most recent outcomes researched by Moosa. Watch the talk
Find out more about the MSEE degree
In this video, hear from our faculty and alumni about the electrical engineering field, our curriculum and faculty research and how the MSEE program can shape your future career.
Fast Facts on MSEE Graduates
View fast facts Infographic.
- 55% of our students attend the program in preparation for new employment
- More than half of graduates are employed full time upon graduation, some not yet employed or other
- More than half of graduates received job offers prior or within four months of graduation, some others maintained their current employment
- 100% of our MSEE graduates have employment directly or somewhat related to their graduate degree
- 25% is the average increase in salary upon the completion of the degree program (of those that reported receiving an increase)
- Income brackets before and after graduation for full-time employment increased: some of those making $50-99.99K and $100-159.99K now make between $100-159.99K or more than $160k
- 94% of our graduates strongly recommend or recommend UW Bothell
Connect with us
Have questions? Want to schedule a one-on-one appointment with an advisor? Want to connect with us on social media?
Commons Hall (UW2)-134
School of STEM Office of Graduate Studies
17927 113th Ave NE
Bothell, WA 98011
Schedule an appointment
Prospective and current students can book an appointment to meet in person or online with an advisor or career counselor.
Hear from us
Visit us on facebook, or sign up for our School of STEM Graduate Programs email below!
Email sign up
Looking for the thesis final exam schedule? Find it on the thesis defense shedule page.