TAKE A LEAP FORWARD INTO YOUR NEXT CAREER
What you'll learn:
- Object-oriented programming, data structures and algorithms in C++
- Design and testing of software systems
- Systems programming
- Core software engineering and cybersecurity concepts
- Complete all courses in one academic year (9 months)
- Evening on-campus or online cohort model meeting the needs of working professionals
- Preparation for entry into the software engineering field
- Bridge program for entry into M.S. in Cyber Security Engineering or M.S. in Computer Science & Software Engineering
The Graduate Certificate in Software Design & Development (GCSDD) provides fundamental concepts of computer science and software development in a six-course sequence. The curriculum covers essential concept areas within computer science including: data structures and algorithms, systems programming, and software engineering life cycle and modeling.
Students develop the core skills needed as a pathway for further work or study in computer science and software engineering, or cyber security engineering.
These courses are created from critical points of a computer science bachelor’s degree core curriculum at a pace and intensity that is reflective of, and appropriate for, a post-baccalaureate student.
Successful completion of the three quarter program provides a pathway for admission into the Master of Science in Computer Science and Software Engineering, or the Master of Science in Cyber Engineering, at UW Bothell.
Where are GCSDD alumni now?
Recent graduates who took our exit survey reported:
On average, alumni receive a $24,000 increase in salary.
97% work in Washington, of this 78% stay near the University of Washington Bothell.
50% go into the UW Bothell’s master's degree program in cybersecurity engineering or computer science & software engineering (either full or part-time).
Companies alumni work for, include, but are not limited to
- Concur Technologies
- The Boeing Company
- Philips Healthcare