Graduate Certificate in Software Design & Development
Switch careers and prepare to enter the software engineering industry. Learn fundamental concepts of computer science and software development in a nine-month, six-course sequence.
- 100% online (asynchronous) or evening on-campus cohort options
- Part-time enrollment
- Designed for working professionals
- Bridge program to a master’s degree
Courses are created from critical points of a computer science bachelor’s degree core curriculum at a pace and intensity that is reflective of, and appropriate for, a post-baccalaureate student.
Learn essential skills in software engineering
- Object-oriented programming, data structures and algorithms in C++
- Design and testing of software systems
- Systems programming
- Software engineering life cycle and modeling
Bridge your education into a master’s program
Successful completion of the graduate certificate program provides a pathway for admission into the Master of Science in Computer Science & Software Engineering or Master of Science in Cybersecurity Engineering.
Join us for an overview of the program, admission, and career opportunities.
Email sign up
Receive program details, get to know UW Bothell and application reminders sent to you.
Schedule an appointment
Future and current students can book an appointment to meet in person or online with an advisor or career counselor.