TAKE A LEAP FORWARD INTO YOUR NEXT CAREER - STUDY ONLINE OR ON-CAMPUS
What you'll learn:
- Object-oriented programming, data structures and algorithms in C++
- Design and testing of software systems
- Systems programming
- Software engineering life cycle and modeling
- Complete all courses in one academic year (9 months)
- Evening on-campus or online cohort model meeting the needs of working professionals
- Preparation for entry into the software engineering field
- Bridge program for entry into M.S. in Cybersecurity Engineering or M.S. in Computer Science & Software Engineering
The Graduate Certificate in Software Design & Development (GCSDD) provides fundamental concepts of computer science and software development in a six-course sequence. The curriculum covers essential concept areas within computer science including: data structures and algorithms, systems programming, and software engineering life cycle and modeling.
Students develop the core skills needed as a pathway for further work or study in computer science and software engineering, or cybersecurity engineering.
These courses are created from critical points of a computer science bachelor’s degree core curriculum at a pace and intensity that is reflective of, and appropriate for, a post-baccalaureate student.
Successful completion of the three quarter program provides a pathway for admission into the Master of Science in Computer Science & Software Engineering, or the Master of Science in Cybersecurity Engineering, at UW Bothell.
Fast Facts on GCSDD Graduates
- 52% of our students attend the program to prepare for new emplyment, 34% of our students attend the program to prepare for the master's degree in Computer Science & Software Engineering at UW Bothell
- A little over two thirds of graduates plan to earn a master's degree or higher
- A little over half of graduates are employed full time upon graduation, others go on to attend graduate or professional school
- 76% of our graduate have employment directly related or somewhat related to their certificate education
- 22% is the average increase of salary upon completeing the program (of those that reported receiving an increase)
- Income brackets for full-time employment before and after the program increased: some of those making between $50-99.99K now make between $100-159.99K or over $160k
- 84% of our graduates highly recommend or recommend UW Bothell