Elective Courses (20 credits)
Elective courses within the Computer Science & Software Engineering master’s program help students develop a breadth of skills. Elective options are dependent upon yearly scheduled course offerings, and should be chosen with the collaboration of your CSS graduate advisor.
Sample Elective Topics
Students take 20 credits of electives and choose from a variety of elective course options available. View a complete list of course descriptions.
- CSS 517 Information Assurance and Cybersecurity (5)
- CSS 532 Internet of Things (5)
- CSS 545: Mobile Computing (5)
- CSS 552: Topics in Rendering (5)
- CSS 553 Software Architecture (5)
- CSS 572: Evidence-Based Design (5)
- CSS 577: Secure Software Development (5)
- CSS 581 Machine Learning (5)
- CSS 583: Knowledge Management Systems (5)
- CSS 587 Advanced Topics in Computer Vision (5)
- CSS 600 Independent Study or Research (1-5)