Elective Courses (20 credits)
Elective courses within the MSCSE give students the opportunity to delve further into cybersecurity applications and approaches or to explore a breadth of computer science topics. Elective options are dependent upon yearly scheduled course offerings, and should be chosen with the collaboration of your CSS Graduate Advisor.
Cybersecurity Engineering Elective Coursework (10 cr min)
Students must take a minimum of 10 credits from the following list of approved cybersecurity topics:
- CSS 518 Human Factors in Cybersecurity (5)
- CSS 519 Incident Response and Risk Management (5)
- CSS 527 Cryptography and Information Assurance (5)
- CSS 538 Security in Emerging Wireless and Mobile Networks (5)
- CSS 539 Cybersecurity in Emerging Environments (5)
- CSS 578 Ethical Penetration Testing (5)
- CSS 579 Malware and Attack Reverse Engineering (5)
Computer Science Elective Coursework
Students may also take a maximum of 10 credits in computer science topics. This includes any CSS 500-level courses except CSS 514, 501, 502, 503, 506, 507, & 508.
Sample elective topics: