Admission to the Master of Science in Electrical Engineering
Admission into the Master of Science in Electrical Engineering is offered for the autumn and winter quarters. Complete applications are reviewed and sent to the admission committee on a rolling basis, beginning 8-9 months prior to the start of the quarter applied for. Applicants are encouraged to ensure all application materials are complete and accurate at the time of submission.
View general details about STEM Graduate Admissions to learn about non-degree options to take a few master’s classes, application fee waivers, and our commitment to inclusive admissions processing.
- October 2, 2023
Autumn applications open in October
- April 1, 2024 (International)
- May 1, 2024 (Domestic)
Admission to the Master of Science in Electrical Engineering program requires applicants to have
- ABET accredited bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering from a regionally accredited institution (or an equivalent international degree)*
- English language proficiency
- a 3.0 GPA or equivalent in the last two years of study (in certain circumstances, an applicant with a GPA below a 3.0 may be considered)
*Alternatively, applicants may meet this requirement with a bachelor’s degree in a STEM field (such as Physics, Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering) and have specific coursework or a knowledge base in dc/ac circuit analysis, basic electronics, signal processing, probability and basic programming skills (e.g., MATLAB); OR a bachelor’s degree in another STEM field AND completion of the Graduate Certificate in Electrical Engineering Foundations.
Application Process & Checklist
Applicants will apply online through the UW Graduate School. There are various components that go into preparing and submitting a complete application. Given our holistic admission process, a competitive application is one that demonstrates academic performance through a variety of methods and personal qualities and achievements.
- Online UW Graduate School application & application fee
- Unofficial transcripts
- Statement of Purpose
- Current resume
- 2-3 letters of recommendation
- Official English language proficiency test scores (Non-Native English speaking applicants)
- Additional documents (optional)
Note: The UW Bothell MSEE program does not require the GRE at this time.
Connect with us
- Register for a EE Graduate Programs Information Session
- Schedule an admissions advising appointment
- Email us or call 425.352.5490 if you have any questions