Divisional advising support
Each division in the School of STEM manages advising for their own majors. Please contact the divisions directly if you have questions - current students should include their student numbers when contacting advisors.
Biology major and minor; Neuroscience minor
Computing & Software Systems (CSS)
CSSE and Applied Computing majors; CSSE, IT, and Data Science minors
Engineering & Mathematics (E&M)
Computer, Electrical, and Mechanical Engineering majors; Mathematics major and minor
Interactive Media Design (IMD)
Chemistry and Physics majors and minors
Looking for a different science major?
Need tutoring or academic coaching?
Check out our free Academic Support Programs!
Prospective STEM students
School of STEM advisors primarily work with students who have already been admitted to their major. If you have not yet been admitted to a School of STEM major, you can contact one of the following offices for help!
- Not yet admitted to UWB? Contact admissions advising.
- UWB pre-major student? Contact pre-major advising.
- Switching from a non-STEM major? Contact the STEM advisor for the major you want to join.
- Joining a STEM minor? Contact the advisor for your current major to add a minor.
- Taking a STEM class? Contact the advisor for the STEM class you want to join.
Current STEM students
If you have been admitted to a School of STEM major:
Schedule an appointment!
Don't see any available appointment times?
Appointments are only available for scheduling up to two weeks in advance. New appointment times become available each weeknight at midnight. If you don't see any availability, please try again the next weekday or use one of the following contact options:
- Send an email to our front desk at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 425-352-3746.
- Come to a drop-in advising session.
How to check in for your appointment
- In-person appointments: Check in at the School of STEM Undergraduate Student Services desk at DISC-352, across from the 3rd floor elevators. For directions to Discovery Hall, access our Maps & Directions page.
We have drop-in times for students in STEM majors or minors to ask quick questions. Check in at one of the times listed below and we will be with you as soon as we can. Please note that our availability may vary due to illness, holidays, special events, or other meetings. If no one seems available for drop-ins, please try contacting our front desk at email@example.com or 425-352-3746 for alternative scheduling options.
How to check in for drop-ins
Consult the table below for information drop-in times for each STEM program and advisor, along with the link to their Zoom conference room.
Unless otherwise noted, all drop-ins may be either in-person or online through Zoom. Even if you are coming in-person, please log into Zoom, if able, to help ensure that we can meet with you in the order you arrived.
Changes to regular drop-in schedule
Changes to the regular drop-in schedule will be listed on this page.
- No changes this week. Please refer to the table below.