CSS Advanced System Engineer
Sinchai provides systems administration services for CSS student labs, including purchasing, configuring, installing, testing, monitoring, patching, maintaining, trouble shooting, and security of the CSS Linux computers. This includes the operating system and key software systems and applications.
Sinchai's first full time job was working for the CSS program at the Canyon Park campus, where he had a great time working with the CSS students and faculty. He set up the very first CSS computer lab running on Windows NT 4. For the last 14 years, he has been working at the Seattle campus supporting graduate students at the Architecture department and faculty and staff at the School of Social Work as a senior system administrator, including helping to migrate their servers to UW Tower. As a hobby, Sinchai flies Radio Control Airplanes (Giant Scale, 50CC gas engine and up) over at MaryMoor Park in Redmond. He’s a big Seahawks fan and likes to play most sports. On the technology side, he likes high performance computing, virtualization, networking and cyber security. He is originally from Thailand and loves to travel.
- Answer CSS student questions and requests by email and during regular drop-in office hours
- Monitor and enhance operating environments used by CSS students to ensure optimal performance
- Install and maintain CSS networks, physical and virtual server hardware, shared files systems, and software for instructional use
- Collaboratively work with CSS faculty to evaluate future needs and recommend requirements based on growth and scalability concerns
- Write, maintain, evaluate and update user manuals, system support manuals, disaster recovery plan and other types of documentation
- Supervise student CSS IT workers