Electrical Engineering Program Admission
Applicants are evaluated based on their academic performance, completion of core requirements and prerequisites, along with a personal statement providing the application committee with a compelling understanding of the student’s interest in the degree program and the University of Washington Bothell.
Prospective students who would like admission advising may contact an admissions advisor to make an appointment.
Transfer students - how to apply
Transfer students applications for the Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering are available online.
- Check the UW Bothell admissions page for application deadlines.
- Complete core requirements and prerequisites.
- Provide one official transcript from each college or university you have attended. Note: If you have attended a Washington state community college(s), please have your transcript(s) sent electronically (NOT faxed). In, addition please provide an official high school transcript.
- Complete the online application with a Personal Statement and $60 application fee.
UW Bothell students - how to apply
Students must complete all of the following coursework prior to admission to the BSEE program. A grade of 2.0 or equivalent is required in all courses applied to the BSEE degree. The Electrical Engineering major is competitive, completion of the prerequisite courses does not guarantee admission. The average GPA in the prerequisite courses for students offered admission for the Autumn 2017 quarter was a 3.5.
- STMATH 124 - Calculus 1
- STMATH 125 - Calculus 2
- STMATH 126 - Calculus 3
- B PHYS 121 or PHYS 121 - Mechanics
- B PHYS 122 or PHYS 122 - Electromagnetism and Oscillatory Motion
- Any college-level English Composition course
Community College Equivalencies
Approved equivalencies from Washington Community and Technical Colleges for the above prerequisites are available through the Equivalency Guide.
Enrollment & graduation data
Enrollment & graduation data for EE students
||Total Fall enrollment
||New Fall enrollment
||Number of graduates