Frequently Asked Questions

Don't see an answer to your question? Email arcevent@uw.edu for assistance. 

How can our department/organization advertise in the ARC?

  • Tabling in the first floor lobby (reservable through 25live).
  • Flyer distribution on tables in first floor and Overlook (small flyers, not full sized).
  • Marketing materials on tackable surfaces throughout the building (please see our posting policies).
  • Digital signage in the Overlook display screens (please see our digital signage policies).

How can a student club/organization reserve space on 25live)?

  • Having permission to reserve space as a student club/organization in 25live is process as follows:
  • Officially register as a club under the UWB Club Council requirements.
  • Select club officers must complete 25live training. Contact your advisor for more information.
  • Once the 25live training is complete, 25live can be used to reserve space by clicking on “Event Form” in the top right corner of the screen (in the purple bar).

Can we host events at the ARC on the weekends or after operating hours?

How can I reserve space in the Sports and Recreation Complex?

  • The Sports and Recreation Complex can be reserved using MyArc and not using 25live.

Do I need a Temporary Food Handler’s Permit if I plan to serve food at a meeting/event?

  • The Activities and Recreation Center adheres to the guidelines and regulations put in place by the University of Washington’s Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S). Please review the EH&S policies on Temporary Food Service Permits for more information.

Does reserving the ARC Overlook have a fee?

  • Event reservation fees are different depending on the type of group using the space. Please review the ARC Event Reservation Policies for more information.

Who can reserve meeting rooms at the ARC?

  • UWB and Cascadia College student clubs and organizations are able to reserve ARC 110 and 210 (large meeting rooms) and ARC 121 (Board Room) using 25live.
  • Meeting rooms that have not been reserved by a student club/organization are available to students on a first-come-first-serve basis.

Is commercial activity permitted in the ARC?

  • The ARC may not be used for private or commercial purposes such as sales, advertising, charitable solicitations, or promotional activities unless such activities serve an educational purpose as determined by the Director of the ARC.