Sports & Recreation Complex
The Complex is currently open and now accepting reservations through 25Live.
Our Sports & Recreation Complex (S&RC) opened in Winter of 2013. The Complex hosts one large synthetic grass multi-purpose field, two synthetic grass tennis courts (sand-filled, so they feel like a clay surface), one basketball court and a sand volleyball court. All courts and spaces are equipped with lights to be able to participate in evening recreation.
The large synthetic grass multi-purpose field is approximately 100,000 sq.ft and is equipped with a full sized soccer field and softball field. Bleacher seating surround the field for spectator viewing. The field has additional markings for flag football and ultimate frisbee.
Active UW Bothell and Cascadia College Students have access to the Sports & Recreation Complex. UW Bothell and Cascadia College Staff and Faculty can gain access by purchasing a Rec Pass that can be found through the MyARC.uwb.edu web portal.
Allows students to independently participate in recreation at their leisure for fitness and fun as individuals or as a group. No reservation needed! This promotes a healthy, active, lifestyle through unstructured, drop-in use of the facility. The ARC Fitness Center desk has various items that can be checked out for usage within the S&RC as well as lockers for temporary storage of personal items.
Any individual or group wishing to use the S&RC must submit an online request through 25Live at least 72 hours in advance of the requested time. Submitting a request form does not guarantee approval. You will receive an email upon approval. Groups are limited to 6 hours weekly for Monday through Friday reservations and extends to 8 hours weekly if including Saturday or Sunday reservations.
Priority to requests is granted in the following order:
- Activities & Recreation Center programming
- UW Bothell and Cascadia College students and student organizations
- UW Bothell and Cascadia College affiliations (Academics Courses and Faculty Members for permitted student events)
Note: At this time, we cannot accept third party (non-University) reservations.
The Program Manager of Intramurals and Outside Facilities reviews all request. If there, any questions in regards to the Sports & Recreation Complex or approved activities please contact email@example.com. All playing surfaces are available at any time the Sports and Recreation Complex is open. If needed, reservations can be made for nontraditional complex hours.
Lights will come on at dusk and will stay on for all S&RC facility hours. For the Soccer/ Softball field, all lights will come on automatically. For the Sand Volleyball, Basketball, and Tennis courts, the silver button must be pressed on the pole besides each court's entrance gate.
Please follow the policies listed below in order to use the sports & recreation complex:
- Access is limited to enrolled students of the University of Washington Bothell and Cascadia College.
- All access to the Sports and Recreation Complex will be made through the proper unlocked gates on a first- come first-served basis.
- No organized activities are permitted without prior approval.
- Patrons should be aware of flying balls, bats and other objects.
- Patrons should not throw, hit or kick balls against fences.
- Patrons should not adjust facility standards or equipment.
- Closed-toed athletic shoes, shorts or pants, and a t-shirt, tank-top or alike covering the midsection is required
- The university is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged personal property.
- Unidentified items will be reported to Campus Safety to confiscate.
Prohibited items inside the complex
- Food and beverages (water is permitted on the turf)
- Driving stakes or digging
- Table and chairs with post legs
- Fireworks, open fires, or barbeque grills
- Glass of any kind
- Golf equipment
- Metal spiked shoes
- Alcoholic beverages, tobacco, marijuana, vaping or smoking of any kind
- Pets (except for service animals)
- Bicycles, skateboards and inline skates
- Water balloons, confetti, glitter
- Profanity and abusive language (includes anything threating and/or offensive in nature directed at an individual or group)
- Motorized vehicles
- Sunflower seeds or chewing gum