Group fitness offers free cutting-edge services for enrolled students at the University of Washington Bothell and Cascadia College. With many different class types offered throughout the week every quarter, there is something for everyone! Please read the disclaimer statement prior to your workout.
Join us in-person!
Come join us for an ARC Group Fitness class! After signing-in to the Fitness Center, follow the signs on the wall for the ARC Studio. We recommend joining 10 minutes prior to class so that you can sign-in to the class, get the equipment needed, and talk to the instructor if you have any concerns.
If there is a schedule change or cancellation, it will be communicated via Instagram.
What to keep in mind while working out with us:
- Listen to your body! No matter what class you're taking, listen to what your body needs.
Winter 2023 Group Fitness Schedule
Our weekly Group fitness classes include modifications for all levels and all abilities to ensure that everyone can take a step toward meeting their fitness goals. Our certified instructors are top-quality, providing a workout experience that is sure to captivate you! All classes take place in the ARC Studio, located in the Lower Level of the ARC, unless otherwise noted.
Please read the disclaimer statement prior to your work out. Group fitness classes will start on Tuesday January 3, 2023. All classes are 45-minutes long unless otherwise noted
- 10:00am – 10:45am Hiit
- 11:00am – 11:45am Strength
- 3:00pm – 3:45pm Dance Cardio
- 1:00pm – 1:45pm Yoga
- 2:00pm – 2:45pm Strength
- 4:00pm – 4:45pm Indoor Cycling
- 10:00am – 10:45am Bootcamp Fusion
- 11:00am – 11:45am Core Conditioning
- 4:00pm – 4:45pm Hiit
- 9:00am – 9:45am Yoga
- 11:00am – 11:45am Indoor Cycling
- 12:00pm – 12:45pm Strength
- 5:00pm – 5:45pm Hiit
- 9:00am – 9:45am Cardio Kickboxing
- 1:00pm – 1:45pm Digging Deeper Into Yoga
- 3:00pm – 3:45pm Dance Cardio
Please arrive 10-minutes prior to the scheduled class time. Sign-in will be conveniently located for you on an iPad outside of the ARC Studio. Participants will not be admitted late.
Class types & descriptions
- Bootcamp Fusion: Includes controlled respiratory functions to compliment focused full-body, multi-joint movements that infuses yoga, strength, cardio, and resistance exercises.
- Cardio Kickboxing: Martial art inspired none contact format that utilizing multiple muscle groups to elevate the heart rate and train participants in speed, agility, and quickness.
- Core Conditioning: low-impact training to build strength, improve balance, stability and endurance in the muscles that support your core as well as hips and legs
- Dance Cardio: Unique, fun choreography all while breaking a sweat. No dance experience necessary!
- HIIT (High intensity Interval Training): Combines both aerobic and strength training in alternating short periods of intense or explosive exercise with brief recovery.
- Indoor Cycling: Combination of sprints, jumps, and climbs on a bike; this class is a fun and challenging indoor cycling workout. Remember your water and towel!
- Slow Flow Yoga: Slow flow classes help you find the space between poses while incorporating a gently rhythm of a yoga class. If you're looking for a calming class focusing on gentle flowing movements, passive poses, and supported poses, this class is for you! Sometimes called Yin Yoga.
- Step Aerobics: This fun high-intensity cardio and low-impact class will build strength, keep you engaged, and boost cardiovascular health!
- Strength: This 45-minute full body strength focused workout using only body weight. Options for all levels are provided!
- Stretch: This 30-minute full body stretch is perfect after taking the group fitness class before or after your workout!
- Yoga: A perfect blend of stretching, strengthening, and relaxation all at once to free your mind from the stressors of the day. All levels are welcome and invited!
ARC Fitness Disclaimer
Your health and well-being are important to us at the Activities & Recreation Center within the UWB & CC community. The purpose of this disclaimer and notice is to make you conscious of the potential risks connected with activity in any exercise, physical fitness, or training program, to help you make an informed decision as to whether or not you should participate in these types of activities. The ARC recommends that you obtain a comprehensive physical examination and consult with a licensed physician before beginning this or any exercise program. When participating in this exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release the instructor, the Activities & Recreation Center, University of Washington Bothell, and Cascadia College from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising from participation.