Returning Student

The returning student process for receiving an I-20 and the returning student process for the university are two separate applications. If you need to complete the UWB returning student application, please do that first.

  • To request a new I-20, use the Returning Student request in the International Student Portal.
    • This request only tells us of your intention to return. Once approved, you will be able to request a new initial I-20. See the process here.
  • Please keep in mind that ISS will not create an I-20 for a returning student if any of the following are true:
    • You have a registration hold of any kind.
    • You have not enrolled for the returning quarter.
  • If you’re trying to return for Summer quarter, the following also apply:
    • ISS must receive notice from an academic advisor via email.
      • They must support your return in summer quarter.
      • Unless you are returning for your final quarter, they must agree that you have a summer quarter academic plan with a minimum 12 credits (undergraduate level) or 10 credits (graduate level) of full-term courses.