Change of Level

Students moving from an undergraduate degree to a graduate degree at UWB have to complete a process known as Change of Level. This includes any current UWB student on OPT moving to a new degree at UWB.

Make the request

  • After being admitted to your new program at UWB, complete the Change of Level request in the International Student Portal.
  • You will be required to upload new financial documents that support one academic year in the the new program of study. You can see the required amounts on this page .
  • Once we receive your request, we will create a new I-20 within 3 business days.

Next Steps

  • You can use the Change of Level I-20 to travel or apply for a new F-1 visa.
  • You must check-in online with ISS at the start of the quarter. Please check your UW email and follow instructions on check-in.