The Open Learning Lab (Currently Closed)
The Open Learning Lab (OLL) is the only dedicated drop-in computer lab at UWB for all students regardless of degree or major. Student workers, in the OLL, offer in-person support and assistance on digital media software and campus eLearning tools. See the Lab Features and Hadware section for a detailed list of tools, and tutorials.
Temporary virtual tutoring support
We offer limited online media production software virtual support via Zoom on the following tools: Final Cut Pro X Basics, Adobe Photoshop Basics, Adobe Premiere Basics, Adobe Audition Basics, iMovie Basics, Audacity Basics, ePortfolios, Canvas, and edTPA Support. Virtual support is based on tutor availability, Mondays to Fridays (except holidays and interim). While we strive to have consistent online support, there may be times online support is not available. Students tutors knowledge base reflects the tutorials listed here.
Use the links below to set up an appointment.
Weekly Schedule (Fall 2020) - to be announced.
Lab Features and Hardware:
- Twelve Windows, 27-inch touchscreen, computers installed on monitor-arms with flexible viewing distance, monitor orientation, and display height.
- Seventeen Apple iMacs computers with media production, Adobe CC and Final Cut Pro, software installed.
- Two Apple iMac Pro, teaching stations, for media production tutoring and software support.
- Motorized standing/sitting desks at every workstation.
- Open room layout with two, technology enhanced, group meeting stations.
- Comfortable and durable headphones at every workstation.
- Black & White printer available via DAWG Prints.
- High-resolution scanners are available.
Open Lab hours and Location:
The Open Learning Lab is located in UW2-140 but is physically closed due to COVID-19 until further notice.
Software and eLearning Tool Support
The OLL provides one-on-one student support for digital media software and eLearning tools:
- Final Cut Pro X Basics
- Adobe Premiere Basics
- Adobe Photoshop Basics
- Adobe Audition Basics
- Audacity Basics
- iMovie Basics
- Google Sites for ePortfolio
- Pearson EdTPA Video Support