Software Installation Request
Software installation process for a university owned computing device.
Obtain This Service
- UW Bothell faculty and staff
- UW Bothell student staff should work with their supervisor regarding software needs.
Features & Options
- Consultation, specification, procurement, and inventory for software for all UW Bothell-owned desktop and laptop workstations. This service provides software by managing all campus software licensing, including the collection of campus-wide licensed software, free and open-source software, and individually or departmentally purchased software.
- This service provides policies and procedures for managing license terms, security updates/patches, upgrades, maintenance, and renewals.
- This service does not include mobile apps; IT does not provide technical assistance, purchasing or distribution for mobile apps at this time.
- Available University licensed software through the UWare program for discounted or no additional cost.
- Licensing costs based on software.
Service & Availability Targets
- Delivery targets:
- 14 business days for all computer lab, computer classroom, and standard classroom (ePodium) requests
- 5 business days for all faculty/staff computers
- Non-standard software requests include software that has not been evaluated for various university requirements such as security, accessibility, etc.. In such cases, UWB-IT may need up to 90 days to fully evaluate software for use on university owned computers, including for ADA compliance. The technician processing your request will inform you if you are requesting a non-standard software and it needs to go through a formal evaluation by the university.
Campus Library Computer Software
- Computers in the Campus Library are managed by Library Technology Services, and they may not have the same course-specific or license-restricted software as computers as UW Bothell or Cascadia College. Visit the Library software page at https://library.uwb.edu/technology/software for more information.