Tips for Successful Zoom Meetings
Here are some helpful tips to ensure you have a successful UW Zoom meeting.
Prepare for the Meeting
Equipment and Access
- Please schedule any "live" class sessions for the same time you would normally hold class.
- Remind your participants that they must log in to Zoom with their UW NetID
- Test your audio and video in Zoom before going live
- Use a headset and microphone if you have them, to reduce background noise
- Close unnecessary tabs in your browser
Look your best
- Lighting should come from in front of you or from the side, in order to best light your face
- Keep your background clear of distractions
- Look at your webcam, not at the screen
- Use gestures and mannerisms that you would typically use in person
Helpful Host Tips
- Review your host controls and meeting settings ahead of time
- Remember to start the recording (or set up automatic recordings)
- Share housekeeping details with attendees
- Remind them to mute their mics when others are presenting or speaking
- Let them know how they can get your attention during the meeting
- Will you be checking the chat window?
- Should they unmute themselves to speak up?