Accessing the UWB Fileshare for Mac
For instructions on Windows please see Accessing UWB Fileservers for Windows.
How to add a UWB fileshare drive to your desktop
- Connect to Husky OnNet.
- On the Finder menu, click Go and then Connect to Server. A new window will open called Connect to Server.
- To connect to your team's Departmental drive, in the Server Address field, enter smb://uwb.edu/Departments/YourDepartmentNameHere
- To connect to your individual UWB U: drive, in the Server Address field, entersmb://uwb.edu/Faculty-Staff/Home/YourUsernameHere
You may also want to click the plus (+) button to save your shares to the "Favorite Servers" list. Click Connect to open the shared folder you selected.
- You should now be required to authenticate. Use the account that has been granted access to the files.
If your UW Bothell Access Account has been granted access,
enter your uwb\username in the Name field and your UWB password in the Password field.
If your UW NetID has been granted access, use netid\username in the Name field and enter your NetID password in the Password field.
- Click Connect.
- If you enabled "Connected servers" in the "Show these items in the desktop:" in Finder Preferences, upon successfully connecting, you should see the shared drive(s) that you are connected to on the Desktop.
If you enabled the "Connected servers" option in the sidebar, you will see them listed in the Finder window.
Still Need Help?