1/10/23 – IT Service Update
Temporary UWB-IT Service Modifications – Winter 2022
UW Bothell IT is continuing the service modifications started on 5/23/22 with updated winter quarter 2022 service hours. UWB-IT has been experiencing a high level of staff turnover and difficulties with hiring. This has been particularly impactful on our Technology Support group who support classrooms, computing, helpdesk, and events. In response, we have had to evaluate priorities and service levels and will need to implement temporary service reductions in certain areas.
Below details our current priority areas and services that will be modified. We understand that these changes will be impactful. We based these modifications on available data and service cadence, prioritizing higher service volume times. We will be evaluating as things progress. We appreciate your continued patience and understanding as we work through this difficult time.
Current IT priorities
- Classroom support and maintenance
- Addressing faculty & staff work stoppages
UPDATED Temporary service levels
Equipment check-out/walk-up hours
The UWB-IT Helpdesk will be open for walk-up service (including equipment check-out) during the following hours*:
- 1/03 – 1/13: Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 4:00pm
- 1/17 – 3/17: Monday – Friday, 12:00pm – 4:00pm
*Please note: if you or a student need equipment and cannot make it to the scheduled service hours above, contact the UWB-IT Helpdesk, and we will work with you on a solution.
Phone and email support hours
- 1/03 – 1/13: Monday – Thursday: 8:00 am – 8:00 pm, Friday: 8am – 5pm
- 1/17 – 3/17: Monday – Thursday: 8:00am – 6:00 pm, Friday: 8am – 5pm
If you need on-campus event support, please submit the event services request form. All event requests will be evaluated and approved based on staff availability. UWB-IT is available to set-up and take-down technology in support of your on-campus event with the following conditions:
- Dedicated technicians are unavailable.
- Only north-oriented events within the North Creek Event Center (NCEC) can be accommodated.
As there continues to be global supply chain problems, delays are to be expected in general. Based off of UWB-IT’s current priorities, the following purchases will be prioritized:
- Classroom procurement needs
- Time-sensitive software renewals
- Replacing broken/critical resources
Conference room upgrades
- UWB-IT will continue supporting existing conference room technologies.
Faculty & staff computer replacements
- UWB-IT will continue to provide emergency computer replacements as needed.
- All incoming projects and consultation requests will be evaluated for priority/availability.
Who can I contact with questions?
As always, if you need assistance, continue to contact the UWB-IT Helpdesk for support.