Faculty & staff
Faculty and staff consultation support services
We value our partnerships with faculty and staff as we work together to provide an enriched educational experience for UWB students. Our programs are based on the philosophy that career development is a lifelong process and we strive to assert the value of an early and continued connection with Career Services. We are invested in partnering with faculty and staff campus wide to help students navigate choosing a major, developing lifelong skills and identifying careers.
“Our students face a complex, demanding world when they leave the UW. They need intellectually challenging majors, and they need broad skills to translate that knowledge into the workplace. We need to help them make that vital connection – between their learning here and the demands of careers and the opportunities of life. This is our goal – indeed, as a public university, it is our responsibility.” – Ana Mari Cauce, President University of Washington
Career Services mission
Career Services engages with the UW Bothell community to empower Huskies to explore career interests, build skills, and connect with the employment community and experiential learning opportunities.
We offer coaching, advice, guidance, recommendations, and resources to all students. Services include:
- 1:1 Career coaching
- Events & workshops – career fairs, employer-led workshops, networking events, and employer information sessions
- Graduate school advising
- Handshake (internship and job listings for University of Washington students & alumni)
- Internship and job search strategies
- Mock interviews and professional portfolio development
- Networking & LinkedIn
- Pre-Health Advising
- Resume & cover letter reviews
Career consultation and support services
There are many ways to support students’ career development. We’ve identified a number of strategies that we can consult with you on to customize to your coursework. These include:
- Advertising a job or internship on Handshake
- Career conversations with students toolkit
- Customizing class presentations
- Employer class visits or panels
- Highlighting career information and events on websites
- Ideas for course syllabus or department website
- Developing career topic assignments or in-class activities
- Integrating Career Services into the curriculum
- Supporting Internships & experiential learning
Interested in partnering with Career Services for a classroom visit or workshop?
- Fill out the Faculty Workshop Request Form!
For a more in-depth look at our services, see our career consultation support services webpage.
We recognize that you often find yourself serving in an employer role, writing letters of recommendation or providing references.
We look forward to partnering with you on student success!