Appointments & Drop-Ins
Drop in at the Student Success Center during the following times to talk with one of our Assistant Career Advisors for help with resumes, cover letters, job searches, etc. Check in at the Welcome Desk in UW1.
- Starting October 2 – Drop-in hours for Autumn 2023 are Monday – Friday from 11am-1pm.
To schedule an appointment with a Career Coach or Advisor, log into Navigate and select the Career Services care unit.
Coaches are offering virtual office hours in Zoom at the times listed below.
Before Your Appointment
Before your appointment, use our resources to learn more about these topics. Then bring your questions so that we can help you develop your skills & knowledge in these areas.
- Visit our content specific website resources on topics such as searching for jobs & internships, cover letter writing, graduate school.
- View the resources in the UW Career Guide.
- Watch content specific videos and presentations.
- Review information on interviewing and practice with StandOut, a virtual mock interviewing platform.
- If you need to cancel your appointment, please do so in Navigate or Handshake or notify your coach as soon as possible so that another student can use the time.
After Your Appointment
After your appointment, revisit the resources and follow up with Career Services as needed when you want to prepare and/or gather more information on open job and internship opportunities.
Who can make an appointment with Career Services?
Any current student or recent alum (up to 3 years after graduation) can meet with us to:
- Explore Career Services
- Review application materials (including resumes, cover letters, LinkedIn or Handshake profiles)
- Prep for graduate school applications
- Develop an internship & job search plan
- Practice interviewing
- Discuss job offers and salary negotiation tips
What appointment options are available?
- Resume/cover letter reviews
- LinkedIn/Handshake profile reviews
- Job & internship search strategies
- Mock interviews
- Alumni appointments
- Technology & Engineering appointments
- Health & Natural Sciences appointments
- Graduate student & Graduate school advising (outside of Technology & Engineering or Health & Natural Sciences)
Career Services is here to help you through the process of formulating and tailoring your resume or cover letter to a specific job or internship.
- Online resume & cover letter reviews
- If you are an enrolled student and would like to have your resume or cover letter reviewed and returned to you with comments within two business days, enroll in this Canvas site and upload your materials within the Assignments tab. You will receive feedback within 3 business days. Replies may be slower than normal outside the regular academic year.
- Appointments for resume reviews
- If you would prefer to meet individually to discuss your resume/cover letter, please:
- Schedule an appointment for a resume/cover letter review (Log into Navigate to Schedule an Appointment and select the Career Services care unit.)
- Email your resume or cover letter to email@example.com before the appointment
- Email the job description, if you have one
Create your professional profile and start connecting with alumni and industry professionals. This is a good way to market your skills; create an online resume and portfolio; get recommendations and endorsements; stay connected; and develop your network.
- Create your professional profile and start connecting with alumni and industry professionals. This is a good way to market your skills; create an online resume and portfolio; get recommendations and endorsements; stay connected; and develop your network.
- Read these important tips to make your profile stand out!
Schedule an appointment (log into Navigate to Schedule an Appointment and select the Career Services care unit) to discuss internship and job search strategies. Internships are a great way to build applicable work experience. They help you to bridge your academic experience with the world of work, and to try out different career options to find a good fit. You will be asked about the type of internships or jobs that interest you, and why. Come to your appointment prepared to discuss your work history, academic major, and future career goals.
Schedule an appointment (log into Navigate to Schedule an Appointment and select the Career Services care unit) to practice interviewing. Whether you are gearing up for a job interview, a graduate school interview, or just want to practice before those interview offers come in, we’ll be happy to help you think about the questions you might be asked along with the questions you should ask.
If you are an undergraduate, graduate student, or alum interested in Health & Natural Sciences, Career Services offers Pre-Health Advising and professional health application support. Visit our Pre-Health Advising web pages to access resources for your Pre-Health journey. We can meet with you for health & natural science-related career exploration, application support, mock interviews, and more!
- If you are a currently enrolled student, log into Navigate to schedule an appointment with the Pre-Health Advisor. Select Career Services as the Care Unit and choose the type of appointment you want to schedule.
- If you have already graduated from UW Bothell, log into Handshake, select “Career Center” in the header bar at the top of the page, and then select “Schedule Appointment”. Pre-Health Appointments are listed as “UW Bothell – Pre-Health…”
All graduate students outside of STEM and Health & Natural Sciences wanting to meet with a Career Coach for any of the services listed above are invited to schedule an appointment through Navigate or join our Virtual Office Hours for Graduate Students each Monday from Noon-1pm. Our Assistant Director can discuss how to explore career options; develop a job search strategy; learn about salary negotiation; review your portfolio; review professional applications; and discuss graduate school applications.
If you are a graduate student in Technology & Engineering wanting to meet with a Career Coach for any of the services listed above, log into Navigate to schedule an appointment with the STEM Graduate Career Coach. We can meet with you for tech & engineering-related career exploration, application support, mock interviews, salary negotiation, and more!
STEM Graduate students, please visit our career resources for STEM graduate students page.
Recent graduates who received a degree from UW Bothell in the past three years (36 months) are eligible to connect virtually with our Assistant Director for no fee. Veterans have access to free coaching indefinitely. If you are an alum wanting to meet with a Career Coach, please schedule an appointment through Handshake or join our Virtual Office Hours for Alumni each Wednesday from 5:00pm–6:00pm. We can meet with you for career exploration, application support, mock interviews, and more!
*Alumni interested in Pre-Health Appointments, please see the Pre-Health section above for appointment scheduling instructions.
We base our policies and procedures on professional business etiquette and expectations of the employment community. These include showing up, being prompt to appointments, and communicating if you have to cancel or will be late.
The impact to other students is also of primary consideration because every appointment that results in a no-show takes away a time slot available to another student needing legitimate support. In addition, our staff calendars are booked daily with student appointments, meetings, class presentations, events, and programs. Because of this, we do not have the resources to respond to, and review, materials emailed to us that aren’t aligned with an appointment slot. The appointment time you schedule is our dedicated time to work with you 1:1 to provide advice and feedback on your application process. If you would like us to review materials solely virtually, communicate that to us, and provide the materials to review before your appointment time.