End of Life for Internet Explorer
Microsoft has announced that it will begin sunsetting Internet Explorer on August 17, 2021. This change impacts anyone using a Windows computer, those using Macs are not impacted.
How might this impact your Windows computer?
Due to concerns about security and functionality loss, UW Bothell IT will remove Internet Explorer from all UW Bothell computers as part of the monthly updates in August.
What do you need to do?
- If you currently use Internet Explorer, you will need to migrate to a different web browser. Web Browsers available on your PC include: Chrome, Firefox, and Edge
- If you would like to download your Bookmarks or Favorites from Internet Explorer to then upload into a new browser, follow the steps below
Instructions to export your Favorites from Internet Explorer
- In Internet Explorer, click Favorites, click the down-arrow next to Add to Favorites, and then click Import and Export.
- Click Export to a File, and then click Next.
- Click to select the Favorites check box, and then click Next.
- Select the Favorites folder that you want to export. If you want to export all Favorites, select the top level Favorites folder.
- Click Next.
Note: By default, Internet Explorer creates a Bookmark.htm file in your Documents folder. If you want to use a name other than Bookmark.htm, or if you want to store the exported Favorites in a folder other than the Documents folder, specify the new file and folder name.
- Click Next.
Note: If you already have a file that has the same name, Internet Explorer asks you to replace it. Click Yes to replace the file. Click No to provide a new file name.
- Click Export.
- Click Finish.
Instructions to import your Favorites into another web browser
To access your saved Favorites in a different web browser, you can import them into the browser of your choice.
If you have any questions, please contact UWB IT at email@example.com