Student Leadership Positions
- Peer Coach – Applications open Nov. 13 – Jan. 14 (9 PM)
- Orientation Leader – Applications open Nov. 13 – Jan. 14 (9 PM)
*Both positions earn $19.97/hour
Applications for position in OTP are typically open November through January. New staff positions begin in spring and are typically for the next full academic year.
What does the application process look like?
The application for an orientation leader and peer coach are the same! In the application, you can designate that you are applying to be an orientation leader, a peer coach, or that you’d like to be considered for BOTH positions. The roles follow the same process:
- Apply online (Nov. 13 – Jan. 14) on Husky Hires
- Group Interview (January)
- Individual Interview (February)
What’s the difference between an Orientation Leader and Peer Coach?
Both positions support incoming students through our Orientation and Transition Programs Office!
- Orientation leaders directly help with first year and transfer Advising and Orientation programs including facilitating small groups, conducting campus tours, and interacting with both families and students.
- Peer coaches facilitate a small group session at first-year orientations and conduct 1-1 coaching sessions throughout fall quarter to help new students achieve their goals.
How do I prepare for the interview?
You don’t need previous work experience to join our team! We recommend you:
- Join one of our events to speak with a current orientation leader or peer coach about their experience
- Friendship Bracelets with our Team: Dec. 1 (12 – 2 PM) in Summit Hall
- Info Session with Career Services: Coming in December
- Coffee Tabling in the Plaza: Jan. 4
- Meet with Career Services prior to the group interview so you can stand out
Who can apply?
- Are full-time undergraduate students throughout their entire position.
- Maintain a cumulative and quarterly GPA of 2.5
- Must be in good standing as a student at UW Bothell and follow University policies and the code of conduct.
- Have or can attain a social security card. We do hire international students. International students must work with International Student Services to determine their eligibility to work.
*We hire students on Work Study!