Orientation & Transition Programs facilitate student engagement and student success for students in transition by developing and connecting students to resources, people, and opportunities.
- Help students understand academic and community integrity.
- Staff are good stewards of the New Student Enrollment and Orientation Fee (NSEOF) and Services and Activities Fee (SAF) budgets.
- Putting students' needs ahead of our own.
- Using assessment to proactively inform program direction.
- Transparent on how decisions are made.
- Hiring a diverse staff that is trained in cultural competencies and social justice.
- Create programs that support the needs of diverse student populations.
- Foster open dialogue between staff and students and value all perspectives.
- Do ongoing analysis of the needs of diverse student populations.
- Develop award winning programs and staff.
- Provide comprehensive in-depth training of staff to better serve students.
- Strive for continued improvement in all programs. Never reach stagnation with programs.
- Constantly looking for ways to challenge ourselves.
- Making program assessment a critical component of the design and implementation process.
- Gathering representatives from our campus partners to inform program design and improvement.
- Capitalizing on the strengths and expertise of outside departments to improve the overall transition of students.
- Build strong symbiotic campus partnerships that better serve students.
- Strive to meet the changing needs of new students.
- Looking for new ways to engage students.
- Leverage new technologies, theories and philosophies to enhance our programs.
- Support and contribute to the field of orientation and transition research.
- Help educate students on what it means to be a part of the university community.
- Value the views and perspectives of staff and students and create spaces for open dialogue and discussion
- Create a culture of acceptance among staff and students.
- Keep staff and campus partners informed of programmatic changes and expectations in a timely manner.
- Inclusive in language, programs, and our operations.
- Provide resources & referrals to students.
- Help departments access and serve the incoming student populations.
- Break down information in a manageable way for new students.
- Help students identify and create support networks.