Womxn in STEM Student Network
The Womxn in STEM New Student Network at UW Bothell is a community in which information, support, and resources are provided for first-year and transfer students who self-identify as non-male and are pursuing a degree in science, technology, engineering, or math. If you also identify with this network and would like to join, feel free to contact the Network Leads by emailing email@example.com.
There are a number of resources available in the community and at the University of Washington Bothell for students who are underrepresented in the STEM field. As part of your orientation process, you will have the chance to learn more and connect with this Network and its members.
- Diversity Center: Serves as a “hub” for students and offers various support to spread diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout the campus.
- STEM Academic Services Office (DSC–352): The offices of STEM faculty and advisors.
- QSC: A free-to-use tutoring center for any STEM based skills.
- Counseling Center: Provides individual therapy and group workshops as well as mental health and academic support to students currently registered for classes at UWB or Cascadia College
- Open Learning Lab: A drop-in computer lab open to students of all majors.
Why We Became Womxn in STEM Network Leads
“I know as a woman studying STEM how lonely it can be, and I’m excited to give other women studying STEM a chance to connect with each other.” - Kira
“As a Women in STEM lead, I want to give other women the opportunities to explore STEM majors and to help guide them towards any STEM resources to strengthen their passion towards the STEM field.”
“Although I am not a woman in STEM myself, I chose to become a lead in this network because I love to support other women in achieving their ambitions whether it be by informing them about resources and activities, or by simply being there for them.” -Crisha
“I know the challenges that many women may face going into STEM majors, because I am one of those women. My goal as a Lead of this network is to provide support and resources to minimize those obstacles and encourage success.” -Lily