Event Policies, Procedures, and Guidelines

To ensure safety of students, faculty, staff, and guests, as well as to promote proper use of UW Bothell spaces and facilities, policies, procedures, and guidelines were set for events and meetings hosted on campus. All space reservations for North Creek Events Center (NCEC), UW1, UW2, DISC Hall, Husky Hall, Innovation Hall, and Outdoor Spaces (except the Sport Fields) are held to these policies, procedures, and guidelines and are subject to enforcement.

For information on the ARC, please visit this webpage.


Alcohol Policy

Per the WAC 478-136-041, events at which alcohol is to be possessed, sold, served, or consumed must be approved by the appropriate committee chair for the committee on the use of university facilities and an application to the chair must be accompanied by a request for written authorization.


Animals and pets inside University facilities and on University property are subject to WAC 478-128-030. Per this policy, animals at events, with the exception of “service animals” and “service animals in-training,” are not permitted inside University facilities. Thus, events wishing to include animals must be hosted outdoors.

Commercial Activities

Per WAC 478-136-030 (4): University facilities may not be used for private or commercial purposes such as sales, advertising, or promotional activities unless such activities serve an educational purpose, as determined by the appropriate chair of the committee on the use of university facilities

Free Speech Policy

Freedom of expression is a highly valued and indispensable quality of university life. However, university facilities may not be used in ways that obstruct or disrupt university operations, the freedom of movement, or any other lawful activities. No activity may obstruct entrances, exits, staircases, doorways, hallways, or the safe and efficient flow of people and vehicles.

Per the WAC 478-136-030 (2), there are limitations on the Use of University Facilities. Please review and adhere to the free speech policy here. If you have any questions, please contact Event and Conference Services (uwbecs@uw.edu) 425-352-3556.

North Creek Events Center Policies

Rule of Thumb: Facilities needs three hours between events in NCEC to reset the space for a new event.

  • Only Blue Painter’s Tape can be used to attach items to surfaces or fixtures. NO WINDOW ATTACHMENTS.
  • No items can be attached to curtains or blinds. The use of thumbtacks and push pins are PROHIBITED.
  • The use of ladders is PROHIBITED. Only Facilities Operations Staff may do so.
  • Contact Event and Conference Services for day-of space changes and any temperature adjustment needs. Additional charges may apply.
  • All events utilizing A/V equipment in NCEC must fill out the UW Bothell IT Event Service Request form.
  • Event and Conference Services is not responsible for items that are left in the North Creek Events Center after your event is completed.

Posting Policy

UW Bothell is committed to a safe and well-maintained campus environment, and to the free expression of ideas. In order to balance both interests, a policy on the use of facilities for publicity and communication is appropriate. The posting, distributing, or disseminating of materials (e.g. flyers, posters, table tents, banners, handbills) that advertise, publicize, or otherwise provide notice of classes, activities, events, or information consistent with and supportive of the teaching, research, and public service mission of the university are subject to the guidelines and posting areas listed in the Posting Policy document.

Use of University Facilities (UUF)

The University of Washington Bothell (UWB) is an educational institution provided and maintained by the people of Washington in order to carry out its broad mission of teaching, research and public service. The purpose of the Use of University Facilities (UUF) policy is to ensure that all facilities operated by the university are reserved primarily for educational use including, but not limited to, instruction, research, public assembly, student activities and recreational activities related to educational use. Further, each facility may be used for a variety of activities, so long as the primary function the facility was intended to serve is protected. Reasonable time, place and manner restrictions may be placed on the use of university facilities.

When UUF approval is required:

  • A non-UWB group/individual intends to hold a function at a UWB facility.
  • A private or commercial organization wishes to sponsor or be involved with an activity at a UWB facility.
  • A university community member intends to hold a function at a UWB facility that is open to the general public or invited off-campus guests.
  • A University of Washington Bothell community member (current student, staff, or faculty) intends to hold a function (independent of any student group, department or administrative unit) at a UWB facility.
  • An organization would like to hold a partisan political activity at a UWB facility.
  • Outdoor events with sound amplification.
  • A university community member intends to use the airspace over the campus for airborne vehicles such as fixed wing drones, rotary drones, and model aircraft.

For more information about the Use of University Facilities, please visit this webpage about UUF.

Youth on Campus

Administrative Policy Statement 10.13 Requirements for University and Third Party Led Youth Programs protects the well-being of youth (i.e., individuals under age 18) involved in UW Bothell programs, activities, events, and research, and safeguards them against harm. It is everyone’s responsibility to protect youth from harm. Those who have interactions with youth as part of their UW Bothell duties must follow the specific requirements specified on the Office of Youth Protection Coordinator’s website.

Please refer to our UW Bothell Campus Policy about Children on Campus.

If your program involves youth or minors (under the age of 18), please register your program through the UW Youth Program Registration System (YPRS).

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Office of the Youth Protection Coordinator at (206) 616-5706 and their email is at uwminors@uw.edu.


Audio/Visual Equipment

Please use the event services request form to request services in the North Creek Events Center (NCEC) or other campus event locations. Please submit this at least 10 business days prior to the event date.

Please use the classroom and meeting room services request form if you need equipment deployed to a classroom or meeting room on campus.

All third-party audiovisual equipment brought to a UW Bothell classroom or event space must be approved by our office and operated independently. We do not permit third-party equipment to be combined or used in conjunction with audiovisual equipment provided in the spaces. Any specific power requirements should be communicated to our office at least three (3) weeks in advance.

For more information, please visit UW Bothell IT’s website and contact them at uwbit@uw.edu or (425) 352-3456.


Large banners intended for high-profile locations including garages, the Commons and North Creek Events Center sky bridge must be approved by Office of Advancement & External Relations.

Blood Drives

Blood Drives are permitted on the UW Bothell campus. If you are planning to bring a Blood Mobile on campus, we need to schedule space with Commuter Services at uwbpark@uw.edu.

Campus Safety

If your event meets one of the following criteria, you may be required to schedule a security officer for your event:

  • Large Occupancy numbers
  • Outside building hours
  • Serving alcohol
  • Cash changing hands
  • Controversial/political in nature

Emergency Number: 911 | Non-Emergency Number: (425) 352-5359

Cancelled Events

In the event of unforeseen circumstances, inclement weather, school closures, or venue issues, scheduled events may be cancelled. Event patrons will be notified promptly. Efforts will be made to reschedule and find appropriate solutions at no additional charge.

However, events that are cancelled may be subject to a cancellation fee:

  • Events cancelled more than 4-weeks out: $50 fee
  • Events cancelled less than 2-weeks out: 50% of estimated event costs or $50 fee (whichever is greater)
  • Events cancelled led than 48-hours out: 100% of estimated event costs or $50 fee (whichever is greater)

If you cancel your event within 24 hours of the actual event date, you may be charged a campus setup fee if the setup was already completed.

City of Bothell Permit

Permits Take 60+ days to process and approve. 

Timeline: Application can be found here.

Classroom Scheduling

When requesting academic spaces, please note the following:

  • All reservations assigned in academic spaces may be subject to change due to academic needs. This may include reassignment or cancellation.
  • You will receive separate email confirmation of your room reservation once your space request has been processed. These spaces are not self-reserve.
  • To get the best service from support departments, please submit your request at least 2 weeks ahead of your event date. Office of the Registrar reserves the right to cancel a space reservation if not submitted two weeks in advance.
  • To allow time for a group or class to wrap up and conclude, there is a 15-minute allotted time gap in between classes. 25Live requests may be adjusted by the UW Bothell Events and Conference Services to reflect this policy. If additional time is needed for an event request, please include that in the setup and/or takedown portion on the 25Live request.

Commuter Services

If you need parking permits, directions, or transportation services for your event, please contact Commuter Services directly uwbpark@uw.edu

Prior authorization must be obtained for all material shown or distributed which is not owned by you or your organization. Proof of authorization to show or distribute such material is required three (3) weeks prior to the event. Our office assumes no responsibility for material shown or distributed without proper authorization.

For more information about copyright law, please visit this webpage about copyright law.


Event details MUST be submitted at least ten (10) business days prior to event date. Failure to do so may result in event cancellation or addition of a short notice/change request fee. Event details include, but are not limited to:

  • Timeline
  • Space setup/layout
  • Audio/Visual needs
  • Catering
  • Guest count

Important Deadlines:

Action ItemsLead Time
City of Bothell Permits*60 Days
Rental of Tents*60 Days
Bothell Dining Exception Process*6 Weeks
UUF Sponsorship3 Weeks
Aramark Catering Placement2 Weeks
Notification of Impact2 Weeks
Transportation & Parking Plans2 Weeks
Alcohol Permit*2 Weeks
ARC Event Form*2 Weeks
Diagram Draft & Completed2 Weeks
Food Approval Form (Budget Approval)10 Days (prior to TFP)
Temporary Food Service Permit (EH&S) – TFP*2 Weeks
IT Events Service Request Form2 Weeks
Event Management Safety Agreement1 Week
Event Equipment (UWB Campus Events)*5 Days
*if applicable to the event/meeting

Donation Bins

Donation Bins location must be scheduled via 25Live.

  • The approved locations are:
    • Founders Hall (UW1) – 1st floor Lobby
    • Commons Hall (UW2) – Southeast corner of Commons Area
    • Discovery Hall – Lower-Level Lobby
  • Please include the below information on your 25Live request:
    • UWB Club Name
    • What is the mission? 
    • Donation items requested 
    • Donation Drive Dates
  • For Donation Bins in the ARC please contact Activities & Recreation Center Events at arcevent@uw.edu.

Evacuation Plan

In the case of an emergency, please review the UW Bothell Evacuation Map – page 4 of the Campus Map – and know where to go if you need to evacuate a building for a drill or emergency.

Event Management Safety Agreement

This must be filled out 7 business days prior to the scheduled event. This ensures the event patron is aware of the basic policies and procedures when utilizing the event space. This agreement is applicable ONLY to the North Creek Event Center event space.

Link to the Event Management Safety Agreement

Event Rental Equipment

UWB Event Equipment can be used at UWB Events at offsite locations for a fee. Please contact UWB Campus Event for further questions and pricing. 

Facilities (Electrical, Water Connections, etc.)

All UW Bothell Facilities needs for an event (including electrical and water access, staking into grass, inflatables on campus, etc.) should be requested through UW Bothell Event and Conference Services. Specific facilities use is processed on a case-by-case basis, and it should be arranged in a timely manner to allow for appropriate coordination with UWB Facilities.

Facilities use, such as hanging decorations or banners on tents/canopies or power washing concrete, can ONLY be done by authorized Facilities staff. Event Services will review requests and work one-on-one with the Event Patron to determine if they can be accommodated.

Last-Minute Requests

For last-minute requests, a rush fee or change fee may apply. Please see the list of additional service fees here.

For on-campus departments: If you have a last-minute request (less than 2-weeks out from the anticipated event/program date), after you submit your 25Live request, please be sure to have your setup diagram/details included on your 25Live request and emailed to uwbecs@uw.edu. Also, should your event require additional support from departments: Facilities, IT Services, Commuter Services, etc. be sure to reach out to them immediately with your event/program details.

For off-campus (external) clients: If your event/program date is within 3 weeks and are looking to book a space, be sure to have liability insurance, deposit, payment, parking details, and IT/media needs ready. For more information, visit our webpage about external reservations on our campus.

If the needed information and details for your event/program are not provided at the earliest convenience, we cannot guarantee proper setup of the event, available staffing, or approval of the event or food being present should it require administration permits, insurance, etc.

Permanent Tabling

The UWB Campus has three Permanent Tables that can be scheduled for tabling. To schedule one of the three Permanent Tables, please submit a 25Live Request. Please note there is no charge to hold a Tabling Event at one of the Permanent Tables.

The Locations of the Permanent Tables are:

  • Codex – Under the Library Overhang
  • UW2 Common – South/West Wall
  • Terrace Dining Pavilion – North Patio Table

Post-Event Cleanup & Signage Removal

The event organizer is responsible for removing all decorations, materials, and signage (sandwich boards/A-Frames, and directional signage) from the reserved space and posting locations following the event. Please note that posting directly on windows, doors, and painted walls is PROHIBITED.

If any of the items listed above are found 4 hours after the event has concluded (using digital image as proof), Facilities will charge for removal and cleanup of such items. Charges for the removal are per the billable rate table, and will be billed to the associated event.

Example: If it takes 1 hour to remove and return the sandwich board(s) or remove signage from around campus, 1 hour of work will be charged to the associated department.

Posting of Approved Permit(s)

The appropriate, approved permits must be posted in a conspicuous location for the duration of the event. This is a list of all approved permits that need to be displayed in the duration of an event, if it has been issued to the event:

  • Alcohol Permit
  • Temporary Food Service Permit
  • Fire Permit
  • Tent Permit
  • City of Bothell Permit
  • Special Event Permit

Registered Student Organizations (RSOs)

Registered Student Organizations (RSOs) must work with Club Council (uwbclub@uw.edu) – Student Engagement and Activities (SEA) to receive funding for their event and approval to reserve space on campus.

For more information, please visit Club Council’s website.

Sandwich Board Removal

Facilities Services will conduct a sweep of the UW Bothell Campus every 2 weeks for sandwich boards. Sandwich boards with the following conditions will be subject to removal:

  • Outdated Boards – Sandwich boards with posters that are 2 days after the advertised event or posters with outdated information.
  • Blank Boards – Blank sandwich boards that have no attached posters/flyers.
  • Blocking Accessibility – Sandwich boards that block the ADA button, accessible pathways, pedestrian walkways, from the center of the promenade, and hallways, stairwells, elevators, and restrooms.

Each sandwich board removed will be returned to the owner of the sandwich board. Charges for the removal are per the billable rate table for Movesetup custodians. It will be billed to the associated event or owner of the board.

Please refer to the posting policy for more information about sandwich boards & easels.

Serving Alcohol

  • Please complete both forms at least 3 weeks before your event, if not sooner. The UW Bothell form must be signed by UW Bothell Events and Conference Services and the Vice Chancellor of Planning and Administration. Please display completed forms at your event.


Accessibility & ADA

The University is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education, and employment for individuals with disabilities. Events hosted on campus should take every effort to plan their event to be accessible to all people. Events must meet guidelines set by the Americans with Disability Act (ADA).

UW Bothell Disability Resources for Students (DRS) can provide consultation and possibly assist with services and accommodations for your event. We encourage events to contact DRS with any accessibility questions

Announcement of Events Open to the Public, Employees or Students

Announcements are made through brochures, flyers, position postings, web flyers, email blasts, social media event pages, event advertisements, etc. Open meetings and trainings may also fall into this category. If a calendar software is used (i.e. Trumba, etc.) it is recommended to include in the templates for invitations. All announcements should include the following statement:

“The University of Washington is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, and activities. Accommodation requests related to a disability should be made by [INSERT specific date] to [INSERT sponsoring department contact, phone number, and email address].”

If limited space:

“Accommodation requests related to a disability should be made by [INSERT specific date] to [INSERT sponsoring department contact, phone number, and email address].”

Amplification of Sound

The UW Bothell is a campus with many activities and events occurring at all times, and as such, events must adhere to noise and sound amplification guidelines. This is to ensure activities, especially classes and instruction, are not affected.

Events in the Vistas: Noise and sound amplification during events in the Vistas have a maximum consistent sound level of 45dB. If an event gets too loud, it would cause annoyance and stress to nearby in-session classes.

The event patron must be able to control the sound level and the crowd during the event. If there is a problem with controlling the sound and crowd, please contact Events & Conference Services (425-352-3556).

Please refer to page 18 from the US EPA – Protective Noise Levels document about Speech Communication and Speech Interference Indoors.

The sound limit in the Plaza is 70dB. For your event, you must check out a sound monitor from the IT Desk and monitor the amps.

UW Bothell is subject to the City of Bothell Noise Ordinance. If you are planning an event involving amplification, you should confirm you are within compliance. You must get approval from the UUF. 

City of Bothell Maximum permissible source sound level in excess of increase in total sound level above the ambient sound level. View City of Bothell Municipal Codes: Table 8.26.065 

  • Monday – Friday: 7am – 8pm
  • Saturday: 9am – 6pm
  • Sunday: Prohibited

For reference, please see the Freedom of Speech policy section.

Bounce Houses

All Bounce Houses must be set-up and staffed by a 3rd Party Vendor. Depending on the size of the Bounce House the City of Bothell may require a Permit. Please work with Events and Conference Services (uwbecs@uw.edu) to schedule your event. 

Event Furniture

Tables & Chairs: Do not set up, store, remove from location, or breakdown tables and chairs. Only UW Bothell Facilities Staff may do so.

Room Arrangements: Contact UW Bothell Event & Conference Services (uwbecs@uw.edu) for room reconfigurations.

Furniture needs to be clear of all exits at all times.

Fire Lanes

The Promenade and the Crescent Path are both Fire Lanes for the UWB/CC Campus and must be kept clear. 

Food Approvals

Complete the Food Approval Form at least ten business days prior to the meeting, training or recognition event.  

Budget Approval: See the Serving Food on Campus website.

A Temporary Food Service Permit is required for public events on UW property where food is sold or given away. It allows EH&S to evaluate the safety of food preparation, handling and storage by external vendors that operate with a license from the local health department, which helps protect health and prevent food borne illness. 

To evaluate food safety practices, we need to know:

  1. What food is being served
  2. How the food will be prepared
  3. Under what conditions the food will be served

Apply for a Temporary Food Service Permit

The Temporary Food Service Permit application must be submitted online at least two weeks prior to the event date.

To apply for a Temporary Food Service Permit, you must have UWNetID. If you do not have one, please identify a sponsoring department, complete the appropriate form, and submit a permit application for each food vendor.

Not sure whether you need a Temporary Food Service Permit for your event?

A Temporary Food Service Permit is required if the event meets at least one of the following conditions:

  • Food will be served at the event and
  • Events sponsored by UW departments and groups, including registered student organizations or
  • Events that are open to the public (students, faculty, staff and general public) or are advertised publicly or
  • Events sponsored by non-UW groups if campus community members are invited guests

A Temporary Food Service Permit is NOT required when:

  1. The food served is limited to non-perishable, commercially pre-packaged, ready-to-eat foods, such as:
    • Wrapped or boxed baked goods
    • Pasteurized, canned and bottled beverages
    • Candy
  2. Registered student organizations provide non-perishable, commercially pre-packaged foods (e.g., chips, candy, individually wrapped store-bought ice cream or cookies) for meetings of their own members.
  3. The food served at an event is provided by UW Housing & Food Services.
  4. Non-UW groups hold private, invitation-only events (e.g., weddings) on UW property, where the campus community is not invited.

EH&S will NOT approve a Temporary Food Service Permit application if:

  • The food will be prepared at home.
  • The food establishment is not in compliance with local health department regulations.
  • The permit application is submitted less than two weeks prior to the event.

Please click on the links below to submit an application.

What you can do to stay safe:

If you are hosting an event that is open to the public on UW property, please follow these food safety tips for safe food preparation, handling and transport.

EH&S offers the following services:

  • Careful review of Temporary Food Service Permits
  • Consultation to groups hosting public events where food is served
  • On-site inspection of food service vendors

Here is some additional information for EH&S:

  1. When do I need to complete a UW Temporary Food Service Permit (TFP)?

Apply for a UW EH&S Temporary Food Service Permit to sell, sample, or give away food if the event is on UW leased or owned property and meets any of the following conditions:

  • Events sponsored by UW departments and groups, including registered student organizations or
  • Events that are open to the general public or UW campus community (students, faculty, staff) or are advertised publicly or
  • Events held by non-UW groups if UW campus community members are invited guests.

For additional details regarding when a TFP is required, visit the UW EH&S Temporary Food Service Permit website.

2. What is the lead time for a Temporary Food Service Permit?

Submit a UW Temporary Food Service Permit (TFP) application online at least two weeks prior to the event date. EH&S cannot guarantee review of TFP applications that are submitted within 14 days of an event. If you have any questions, please contact the EH&S Public Health Team (phdept@uw.edu).

  1. If I select a UWB approved caterer, do I need to complete a Food Permit?

The University retains a sizable list of preferred catering contracts. These vendors have been pre-qualified by UW Procurement Services (not based on health standards) and have agreed to the UW Terms and Conditions. 

You will still have to complete a UW EH&S Temporary Food Permit for caterers in this list. Restaurant ownership, food handling practices, and county inspection scoring changes over time.   At the time of permit application, UW EH&S staff will review the event, the type/complexity of food proposed to be served, and the caterer’s operating permit and inspection history, and make sure the caterer is qualified, whether they are contracted or not.

A UW EH&S Temporary Food Permit is not required when food is sourced from campus food establishments with operating permits issued by UW EH&S (e.g., UW Housing & Food Services, UWMC Plaza Café, Bay Laurel Catering, UWB Aramark).

  1. Why do I need to complete a Food Permit?

A temporary food establishment that intends to serve food to the UW community or public in conjunction with a single event or celebration is required under the Washington state food code to be permitted.  The temporary food service permit process allows for UW public health staff to screen vendors for critical food safety requirements and safe handling practices to prevent potential foodborne illness from food served at a UW event.

Green Events 

We encourage sustainability mindfulness when planning events through thinking about materials such as food, brochures, giveaways, decorations, etc. from “source to sink.” This means thinking about where materials are sourced (preferably from local, diverse and sustainable vendors), what they are made of (preferably compostable or recyclable materials), and where they will end up (landfill, recycling, compost). Please see our Green Events Guide for more ways to “green” your events! The UW Bothell Sustainability Office is happy to consult with you at any time on your event sustainability, feel free to contact us at uwbsust@uw.edu.

Grills & BBQS

BBQs must be 25 Feet away from Building and be placed in a designated spot on the UWB Campus. A Class ABC Fire Extinguisher must be present. A permit from the City of Bothell may be required. No charcoal BBQs are allowed. All Food Safety requirements must be followed. Please work with EH&S. Link to temporary Food Service Permit.


Do not use ladders. Only UW Bothell Facilities Staff may do so.

Loading Zones on Campus

  • NCEC Loading Zone – North side of the NCEC; enter through Campus Way NE
  • UW1 Loading Zone – East side of UW1 building; enter through Campus Way NE
  • UW2 Loading Zone – South side of UW2 building; enter through NE 180th St.
  • INV Hall Loading Zone – West side of INV Hall building; enter through 110th Ave NE
  • DISC Hall Loading Zone – West side of DISC Hall building; enter through 110th Ave NE

North Creek Event Center Guidelines

Sample Diagrams for NCEC can be found here.

Rule of Thumb: Facilities needs three hours between events in NCEC to reset the space for a new event.

  • Kitchen Amenities include: Ice Machine, 2 Microwaves, Hot Food Storage Box, Refrigerator, and Freezer. 
  • Please do not bring bags of ice to the North Creek Events Center. There is little storage and ice is provided with the ice machine.
  • The kitchen is only for cold food prep. There is not proper ventilation in the kitchen to support cooking. Food must be stored properly in hot food boxes and/or chilled refrigerators.
  • Remove all personal belongings, items brought in by outside vendors, decorations, and leftover food; no next-day pick-up after event is allowed – unless pre-approved arrangements are made with UWB Campus Events.
  • All Caterers needs to bring sanitizer buckets/solution/test strips. 


Occupancy in a space should never exceed the posted maximum occupancy of an event space. Room Occupancy is usually posted either near the entrance or just outside the room.

If an event feels they are at capacity, they should stop admitting individuals into the space. Event Patrons can contact Campus Safety to assist with events when occupancy issues arise.

Outdoor Pop-Up Tents & Canopies

UW Bothell faculty, staff, and students are permitted to use canopies on campus for their events and programs. Please review the guidelines below before your event to ensure you are in compliance with your canopy.

Canopy Guidelines

  • Canopies should be 10-foot x 10-foot in size or smaller.
  • Canopies should be in good working order.
  • Canopies should be able to stand alone (Do not tie-off to trees, building(s) and or other structures).
  • All Canopies must be used securely weighted with sand bags or blocks to ensure that they stay in place (recommended 20lbs per leg). Facilities can supply weights, if needed.
  • Canopies are not permitted to stay up overnight. Unless prearrangements are made with UW Bothell Event & Conference Services.
  • Canopies are only allowed to be set-up in the Codex, Plaza and at the W. Unless prearrangements are made with UW Bothell Event & Conference Services.
  • Should a canopy pull away, cause damage, etc., the University is held harmless, and the department/organization is responsible financially for any damage caused.
  • ONLY UWB Facilities staff are allowed to hang banners, decoration, or miscellaneous items on tents and canopies set up on UWB grounds.


Tents that are within 12 feet of one another are considered a single structure. Any single structure that is 400 or less square feet, does not need a permit. A single structure that is 700 square feet or less, does not need a permit if there are zero sidewalls. If the structure is over 700 square feet, it must have a permit. If it is above 400 AND has a single sidewall, it needs a permit. The City of Bothell Fire code is the International Fire Code.    

Visit this page for Fire FAQs and Community Resources.

Generally, a fire permit will be required for items like bouncy houses, generators, open flame, and tents or temporary structures larger than 10’x10’.

Sidewalk Chalk

Sidewalk Chalk can be used but must be preapproved by Facilities.  

Please provide the below information:  

  • Location
  • Scope
  • Content
  • Duration

Chalk must be non-staining and water soluble. (Non-oil based chalks)

The Event Patron is required to provide the budget information needed and agree that they will pay for any and all costs associated with the immediate pressure washing of the chalk post-event.

The Event Patron is not allowed to clean-up or direct the clean-up of the chalk by others.

Smoke/Fog Machines

Smoke and Fog Machines are not allowed inside buildings on the UWB Campus. 

UW2 Commons Hall (UW2)

The UW2 Commons can be scheduled starting at 3:30pm for event set-up with your event starting at 4:30pm. Note: The Gold Brew Coffee stays open until 4pm during the school year.


Vistas are reservable via 25Live. Here’s a list of Vistas available for use on the UW Bothell Campus:

  • UW1 LL Vista
  • UW1 2nd Vista
  • UW1 3rd Vista
  • DISC L1 Vista
  • DISC L4 Vista

The type of events allowed in this space are more passive engagement style of events – such as mixers, postering sessions, and small receptions. Existing tables and chairs are available to use in the spaces. Additional chairs and tables may vary depending on the type of event and considering the max capacity of the space. Additional charges may apply.

Window Decoration

Drawing on or affixing anything to the campus windows is prohibited per the posting policy located here.