Rates & information
Event rate structure
|Tier||Customer||Event type||Cost model||Cost method||Examples||Average event cost1|
|1||Staff, faculty, students||Check and clean only; no specialised set-up||No charge||Central budget||Departmental or club meeting||No charge|
|2||Faculty||Event associated with syllabus-based course||No charge||Central budget||Poster sessions, final presentations||No charge|
|3||Staff, faculty, students||Event requiring specialized set-up (including catering clean up)||Facilities set-up cost2, IT consulting and set-up cost||Departmental budget||North Creek events, W Day, 5k, Welcome Week, tabling outside of tabling locations3||$123.84|
|4||Staff, faculty||Events hosted in partnership with UWB departments||Facilities set-up cost, IT consulting and set-up cost, $50 administrative fee4||Departmental budget||Professional conferences and events||$151.04|
|5||External customers||Events held via contract with external customers||Rate schedule in place||Contract & billing||Summer camps, meetings||Rate structure in place|
Additional service fees
- A Cancellation Fee will be assessed on a sliding scale:
- Event cancelled more than 4-weeks out: $50 fee
- Event cancelled less than 2-weeks out: 50% of estimated event costs
- Event cancelled less than 48-hours out: 100% of estimated event costs
- A rush fee of $50 will be assessed for events requested less than 2 weeks out.
- A change fee of $50 will be incurred for any event changes made less than 48 hours from the event.
- Costs for adjust building HVAC and lighting schedules will be charged to the requesting department regardless of event tier.
- 1 Based on event data collected from 07/01/18 – 03/31/19
- 2 Set-up costs are charged on a time and material basis and are based on the re-charge rates set by Facilities
- 3 A permanent tabling location is being piloted outside of the Library for tabling events
- 4 Administrative fee covers the coordination and planning time of the Events & Conference Services team