This Web site serves as another source of H1N1 (pandemic) UW resources, news and external sources of information related to the UW’s preparedness, response, recovery and business continuity planning efforts for all issues related to pandemic influenza.
What you can do to stay healthy
There are everyday actions people can take to stay healthy.
· Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
· Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze. Alcohol-based hands cleaners are also effective.
· Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Germs spread that way.
Try to avoid close contact with sick people.
· Influenza is thought to spread mainly person-to-person through coughing or sneezing of infected people.
· If you get sick, CDC recommends that you stay home from work or school and limit contact with others to keep from infecting them.
For more tips and information
H1N1 Flu (Swine Flu) on the CDC Web site