UW Bothell's Office of Marketing & Communications manages website editing access and assigns roles to users after obtaining permission from the respective "primary publisher."
You must meet the following requirements to gain access to edit uwb.edu:
- Be an employee of the University of Washington Bothell
- Be approved by the organization's Primary Publisher to post content (primary publisher list by directory)
- Must have a UW NetID account (account ending in "@uw.edu")
Here are the typical steps for gaining content editor access. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- Contact the Primary Publisher - with your supervisor's approval, contacts the directory's primary publisher.
- Primary Publishers can request access for the interested employee by sending an email to email@example.com and include the directory/directories they need access to.
- Once permissions is given by the primary publisher, the interested employee may sign up for an introductory editor-level training.
- After completing the training, the trainer assigns the designated role to the trainee within two business days.
- If editors receive permission from their Primary Publisher, they can enroll in the publisher-level training after completing the editor-level training. The editor training portion must be taken first.
- Student-staff cannot be granted publisher level access so should not take the publisher training; more information provided in the editor training.
Access role types
- Editor role: This user can create/edit webpages as well as content (text, tables, images, hyperlinks, etc.)
- Publisher role: This user can do the above as well as change tempaltes, publish, delete and archive pages.
Learn more about how Kentico access is administered to content editors.
List of primary publishers
New content editors should get in contact with the primary publisher of the website directory they would like to edit. The directory name is what you see after "www.uwb.edu/" for example: "uwb.edu/advancement" is the Division of Advancement & External Relation's directory.
Directory not listed? That means the Office of Marketing & Communications manages it. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.