Get academic advising help
The Student Services & Advising office is a welcoming and inclusive environment where IAS students can receive guidance and support on university policies, academic requirements, support resources, extracurricular opportunities, and career preparation. IAS Academic Advisors can help students clarify their goals and make the most of their Husky experience.
Autumn 2022 Schedule
Current IAS students may make individual appointments with their assigned advisor online using the UW Bothell Navigate platform. Prospective students or students in other majors can email email@example.com to request an appointment.
Advising appointments are available in-person and virtually using Zoom. In-person appointments are scheduled in the IAS Student Services & Advising office located on the third floor of Founders Hall (UW1-360). View the campus map for directions
- Monday - Thursday, 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Friday, 9:00 AM - 2 PM
- No appointments available between 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
- Appointments typically need to be scheduled at least a day in advance and can be made up to three weeks out, with new appointment slots becoming available on a daily, rolling basis.
Drop-in Advising (In-Person only)
- Monday - Wednesday, 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
- Students can check-in at the front desk in UW1-360 to alert an IAS advisor that they arrived for advising help.
- Drop-in advising meetings last about 10 minutes and are best for students with quick questions or who need fast advising support.
- Students wishing to confirm same-day advising availability before traveling to campus can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Send advising questions to email@example.com
- Advisors will respond to emails within two business days
- Provide your UW student ID number in the email
Sometimes unexpected academic obligations, work commitments, technology challenges, and illnesses can affect appointment schedules. The School of IAS will make every effort to notify students as early as possible if an advising appointment must be canceled or if drop-in hours are reduced. Signage will also be posted on the office door and front desk areas.
Canceling and rescheduling an appointment
Students have the ability to cancel a previously-scheduled appointment online using Navigate. After confirming the cancellation, students may reschedule an appointment for a new date and time but Navigate will only show meeting times based on current advisor availability. Students should contact their advisor directly if an earlier appointment time is needed.
Unfortunately, when a student cancels an advising appointment without giving enough notice, they prevent another student from being seen. If a student does not cancel their appointment and does not show up, Navigate records the absence as a "No Show." Students may lose the ability to schedule appointments on Navigate if two or more no-shows are recorded in the same quarter.
IAS advisors do their best to ensure every student feels engaged and supported during their scheduled advising time. As there is a high demand for advising appointments, students are asked to notify their advisor by email if they will be late for their appointment. Students who arrive later than 10 minutes for their appointment may be asked to reschedule to ensure ample time for discussion and review of important advising materials.
Advising & Covid-19
Appointment availability may be impacted by COVID-19 health concerns, even if the campus is not officially closed. No academic advising services will occur if UW Bothell enacts emergency procedures to ensure the health and safety of our community. Students are encouraged to monitor class cancellations and campus closure alerts using the UW Alert system. Be sure to follow all University guidelines and health requirements prior to attending in-person meetings. Check the UW Bothell webpage for more information: https://www.uwb.edu/coronavirus.
Other advising resources