How to apply
One application to UW Bothell and the School of Business
Step 1: Check application deadlines
- Application deadlines for first-year students to be considered for our Direct, First-Year Admit (DFA) program
- Application deadlines for transfer, post-baccalaureate, and returning students to the UW Bothell and; and internal students (i.e., current UW Bothell pre-major students choosing to major in Business)
We review applications received and/or completed before the application deadlines on a quarterly basis.
Transfer and internal applicants to the School of Business should have a minimum of seven business prerequisites and 60 transferable credits completed (80 credits preferred) prior to submitting their application.
Step 2: Complete an application form
Transfer students (includes current UW Seattle and UW Tacoma Students)
- Domestic Students: submit the Application for Transfer Admission to the University of Washington Bothell online.
- International F-1 Students: Submit the Application for International Transfer Admission to the University of Washington Bothell online.
- Refer to the ISS requirements and checklist page for complete details.
Returning UW Bothell Students
- If you were previously enrolled at UW Bothell, submit Returning Student Application to the University of Washington Bothell online.
- Returning students will also need to submit an updated personal statement and resume to the Bothell School of Business.
Current UW Bothell Students (pre-majors) – submit online to School of Business
- Internal Application to our Bothell and Bellevue locations.
- The online application login requires all students to use their UW email address.
Step 3: Complete supplemental application requirements
Please submit all materials to UW Bothell Admissions Office.
A. Complete ONE writing assessment option
Writing assessment options:
- Submit your Personal Statement and your grade on the Advanced Composition Course Pre-requisite, OR
- Submit official SAT, WSA or ACT score to UW Bothell Admissions, OR
- TOEFL/IELTS score
B. Submit transcripts:
Current UW Bothell (Pre-Major) Students: Provide one unofficial transcript from each college or university you have attended, including your UW transcripts.
Transfer Students: Provide official transcripts from each college or university you have attended with your application.
All official transcripts can be sent to the address below:
University of Washington Bothell
Office of Admissions, Box 358500
18115 Campus Way NE
Bothell, WA 98011-8246
See the transcripts FAQ for additional information.
C. Submit personal statement
Prepare a personal statement (no more than two pages double-spaced) that addresses each of the following:
- Your preparation and motivation to pursue upper-division studies in business.
- Your ability to contribute to the educational experience of other students at either our Bothell or Bellevue locations.
- Other factors that you would like the Admissions Committee to consider (i.e., academic or personal challenges).
D. Submit resume
Prepare a resume (maximum one page in length) that includes education, employment, volunteer/extracurricular activities, and interests.
E. Additional information
Complete applications received by the application deadline will be assured of a review; complete applications received after the application deadline will be reviewed on a space-available basis. Admissions will remain open until the program is full.
Your admission is contingent upon receipt of transcripts verifying successful completion of all prerequisite courses prior to the quarter you will begin classes at the University.
Additional information about these requirements can be found on our Admission
Please contact an UW Bothell email@example.com if you have questions about any of these requirements.