Questions about your major:

How do I get into my major at UW Bothell?

You can expect to start UW Bothell as a Pre-Major student. This means that you have not yet been assigned a major and have time to take a variety of classes and explore your interests in your first and second year at UW Bothell.

Once you decide what you want to major in, you will be eligible to apply to your desired major after you have completed the necessary major prerequisite classes. You will work with your Academic Advisor to register for these prerequisite classes and help plan for applying to your major.

If you will have earned more than 45 college credits from Running Start, you may be eligible to apply to your major. If this is the case, be sure to contact your Admissions Counselor after May 1 to learn more about the process.

Questions about financial aid:

What does my financial aid award letter mean?

Your financial aid award letter was determined from the information you provided on the FAFSA or WASFA. Your award letter is a collection of grants, scholarships, and loans to help you pay for the cost of attendance. You have the choice to accept or decline any of the grants, scholarships, or loans that were awarded to you. If you are still having trouble understanding your award letter, be sure to connect with our Financial Aid Office or set up an appointment with a financial aid counselor.

When will I receive my financial aid award letter?

Financial aid award letters will be available by mid-April for students who have submitted a FAFSA or WASFA. You may view your award letter on your MyUW account.

Can I waive my enrollment confirmation deposit? Can I get it refunded?

The enrollment confirmation deposit (ECD) is NON-REFUNDABLE.

The ECD cannot be waived, however it can be deferred. Deferring your deposit means that we will add the ECD to your autumn quarter tuition bill. Note, if you defer your deposit and decide not to enroll at UW Bothell, you will still be responsible for paying the ECD.

To defer your enrollment confirmation deposit, please email uwbinfo@uw.edu.

Questions about starting as a new student:

How do I sign up for Orientation?

Before you can attend an Advising & Orientation session, you must first pay your enrollment confirmation deposit. After your deposit has been paid, be sure to pay close attention to your UW email to receive updates about registration. Visit our Orientation & Transition Programs webpage to learn more!

There is a mandatory New Student Enrollment and Orientation Fee (NSEOF), which covers the cost of a variety of programs and resources to assist you in your first year of attendance. The NSEOF is only charged during your first quarter of attendance and is refundable to students who choose not to attend UW Bothell.

How do I sign up for classes/register?

You will sign up for classes during your Advising & Orientation session. More information will be available to you after you complete the UWB101 Online Orientation.

What classes should I take?

As a college student, you will have full control of your course schedule, which can be a little unsettling. No worries though, our academic advising team (First Year & Pre-Major Program) is here to help you!

As a part of Advising & Orientation, you will meet one-on-one with an academic advisor to help you plan your schedule and identify classes for you to take.

How do I transfer my credits from AP/IB exams?

If you decide to enroll at UW Bothell and would like to receive college credit for the AP or IB exams you have taken, you will need to submit your official AP scores or official IB scores to the Office of Admissions.

For information about how the UW awards course equivalencies and credits for each exam, visit this website.