To learn more about the Health Studies program, we encourage you to request a one-on-one appointment with an advisor, review planning worksheets, and check out the schedule of virtual information sessions. Here are a few links to help you get started:
- For Transfer Students: Admissions Advising and Transfer Student Worksheet
- For Current UW Bothell Students: Pre-Major Advising and Major Planning Worksheet
- Health Studies Information Sessions
Before applying to the program, we encourage you to also explore the program overview page, including the degree requirements for this major.
2. Review: Admission requirements
Before applying, applicants must complete a minimum of 30-quarter credits including:
- 2 English Composition courses (10 credits)
- 5 credits of Reasoning (RSN) (Introduction to Statistics preferred)
- 10 credits in each Area of Inquiry (A&H, SSc, NSc)
- Transfer applicants must also have satisfied all university admission requirements.
- Transfer applications for who are not native English speakers must provide English Language Proficiency.
3. Plan: Entry terms, deadlines, & decisions
Apply to the Health Studies program in an upcoming Autumn, Winter, or Spring quarter.
|Entry Quarter||Quarter Begins||Application Opens||Deadline – Internal||Deadline – Transfer||Decision|
|Spring||March||December 1||February 7||February 1||February|
|Autumn||September||April 1||June 1||June 1||June-July|
|Winter||January||September 1||October 10||October 10||November|
Applications are reviewed once they are complete. The review process can take 3-4 weeks after the application deadline.
Updated August 2023