Prerequisite for declaring the minor
BHS 201 – Introduction to Public Health (5 credits)
Students are required to complete a total of 35 credits of coursework (shown below). Please note that some courses may have pre-requisites that students will need to include in their graduation plan.
- BHS 300 (Principles of Health Research) OR an approved introductory research course (5 credits).*
- B HLTH 435: Foundations & Principles of Health Education & Communication (5 credits)
- B HLTH 436: Introduction to Management & Leadership for Health Professionals (5 credits)
- B HLTH 437: Program Planning and Strategies for Health Promotion (5 credits)
- B HLTH 438: Program Evaluation for Health Education & Promotion (5 credits)
- B HLTH 439: Health Policy and Advocacy (5 credits)
- Upper Division B HLTH elective (5 credits)
To learn more about this minor and our other health-related minors, please view the recording of our Autumn 2020 SNHS Minors Information Session!
To view video trailers for our specialized Health Education minor courses, visit Padlet.
* BHS 210 (Community Health Promotion & Communication) is a pre-/co-requisite to BHS 300. If you would like to pursue a pre-requisite exception request, please contact the Health Studies Academic Advisor, Kaitlin Wolf (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The minor courses are typically offered twice in an academic year. Please check in with the Health Studies Academic Advisor, Kaitlin Wolf (email@example.com), if you have questions regarding your minor schedule.
If you are interested in petitioning a course to satisfy a requirement in the Health Education & Promotion minor, please connect with the Health Studies Academic Advisor, Kaitlin Wolf (firstname.lastname@example.org), to learn more about the process.
Course petitions are reviewed by the Health Studies Curriculum Committee during the Autumn, Winter, and Spring quarters (petitions are NOT reviewed during Summer quarter). All petitions must be submitted via the online form (see link below) by the 6th week of the quarter in order to be reviewed and processed prior to the end of the quarter.
Declaring the minor
Interested students should review the minor requirements and declare the minor as early as possible with their major advisor. It is not necessary to meet with a Health Studies advisor to declare this minor. However, if you have questions, please contact the School of Nursing and Health Studies Office by phone (425-352-5376), email (email@example.com), or in person in UW1-211.