Scholarships and Funding
The School of Nursing and Health Studies offers scholarships to graduate and undergraduate students spring and winter quarters. These scholarships reflect the values and mission of the school. In addition, emergency funding requests are available throughout the year. The scholarships and emergency funding are primarily funded by donations, endowments, and institutional resources; therefore, availability of funding varies annually.
The Scholarship Packet, linked below, aids graduate and undergraduate students in preparing their scholarship application for the scholarships listed below. The packet provides the scholarship amount, funding details, eligibility and selection criteria and how submissions are evaluated.
|Scholarship||Award Quarter||Application |
|Improving the Health of Diverse Communities|
A demonstrated commitment to community
engagement and diversity
(includes the Montana Gray Memorial Fund)
|Winter 2024||Applications open|
October 16, 2023
November 21, 2023
|Excellence in Education |
A demonstrated commitment to the application of
knowledge and skills to practice
|Spring 2024||Applications open January 8, 2024|
February 21, 2024
|Emergency Funding Request||Award Quarter||Request |
|This funding is designated for students who demonstrate immediate financial need. Students may request funding no more than once per quarter.||Upon review||Request now|
Additional scholarship opportunities
While not exhaustive, below is a list of scholarship resources. If you are a current student, visit your program’s Canvas page for additional funding opportunities.
- The UWB General Scholarship is offered twice per year and allows you to apply to multiple scholarships with one application
- UW School of Nursing Scholarships & Fellowships
- UW Scholarship database
- Nursing and Heath Studies Scholarships
- AACN Scholarships Search Engine lists a variety of undergraduate and graduate nursing scholarships
- Undergraduate research, community engagement or ethnicity focused scholarships
- Study abroad scholarships
Loan repayment programs
- The Health Professional Loan Repayment Program was created to attract and retain licensed health professionals to serve in critical shortage areas in Washington state. The program provides educational loan repayment assistance to licensed primary care health professionals.
- The Nurse Faculty Loan Program is for graduate students in the Master of Nursing program who plan on holding a nurse educator position in an academic or clinical setting post graduation. Up to eighty-five percent of the loan is forgiven over a four year period.
Federal Student Aid and the US Department of Education
By applying for Financial Aid, you will be considered for various grants and educational loans. Be sure to visit the UW Bothell Financial Aid and Scholarship site. Additionally, the US Department of Education offers other opportunities to finance your education.
Updated September 2023