2023 Application Deadlines
Spring Quarter start:
- January 10, Space is limited. Enrollment is for part-time enrollment and electives only.
Summer Quarter start:
- April 3, Space is limited. Enrollment is for part-time enrollment and electives only.
Autumn Quarter start:
- June 2: Priority Deadline
- Applicants by this date will receive first consideration for placement and funding.
- After the deadline, we will continue to accept and review applications for the MBA program on a space-available basis.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for space availability.
International applicant deadlines
International applicants who need an F1 visa to study and who are in the U.S. will need more time for the application process to obtain the F1 visa. Therefore, international MBA applicants needing an F1 visa may apply only for autumn quarter each year. Applicants needing an F1 visa are encouraged to apply by March 31, however applicants may still submit applications after the March 31 deadline.
International applicants who are currently in the U.S. on other visa types, and who will continue to stay on that same visa type, may apply for winter, spring, summer or autumn quarters for the MBA program.
Learn more about international applicant requirements and processes.
Immigration Information for F1 students
Contact the Prospective International Student Information
How to apply
Follow the steps below to apply for UW Bothell Masters of Business Administration program. Contact the MBA office if you have any questions.
Step 1 - Create a profile & complete application
- Create a New Applicant Profile at the University of Washington Graduate School application website.
- Select the Graduate application type and then select the UW Bothell Program:
- Business Administration – Bothell Business – (MBA)
- Note: There is one application for the MBA program. Each new student enters the General MBA option but may later select the Leadership MBA or Technology MBA option if desired.
- Complete the remainder of the Application, including the UW Bothell School of Business MBA Program Application Form. This form will ask you to provide:
- Current employment status and employer
- Employment position/title
- Full-time work experience after you earned your bachelor’s degree
- Full-time work experience between high school graduation and the completion of your first bachelor’s degree, if any.
Step 2 - Provide supporting documentation
- Upload one PDF of your resume at the application website. Note that admission requires the equivalent of 2 or more years of full time, professional level work experience. Please upload your latest resume, in Word or PDF (or plain text), showing the following:
- Educational background, degree(s) earned, schools attended and dates of attendance, after high school
- A minimum of 2 years of full-time equivalent professional level work experience since high school graduation, with brief descriptions and dates of employment
- Relevant community and/or extracurricular collegiate activities
- Awards, honors, or other recognition (academic, community, military, etc.) you have received
- Upload one PDF containing your two short application essays at the application website.
- Optional Essay: Complete if you wish to address any issues or factors that you believe would be helpful to the Admissions Committee in considering your application. The "3rd optional essay" can be written into the blank space after you answer the previous 2 questions.
- Provide contact information for at least 2 online professional referees, as instructed in the application. Please note that we do not accept personal recommendations, such as those from family and friends. Recommendations should come from past or present colleagues and supervisors.
- After the referees' contact information is submitted, an email will automatically be sent to them with a link to a recommendation form. Once the referee has completed the recommendation form, the word "Received" will appear next to their name.
- Please do not mail anything to our office.
- Upload one PDF transcript copy of your 4-year bachelor's degree (or the required 4-year equivalent from an accredited foreign institution).
- Include a transcript for each college or university you attended if it is not already included on your final transcript. If the PDF file size is too small to upload all documents, save all as 1 condensed, black and white PDF.
- Note: If accepted, you will then be instructed about how to provide official transcripts.
- If English is not your native language, you may be required to demonstrate English Language Proficiency (see details).
- Applicants are required to have at least a 3.0 grade-point-average (on a 4 point scale) for the bachelor degree's last 90 quarter credits, OR, the last 60 semester credits.
- If your GPA is below the required 3.0, please explain the cause in the optional 3rd essay space (the blank space after 2nd essay).
- For a Master’s, doctoral, or professional degree, the total cumulative average may be used.
- If you earned additional credits from an accredited institution after your degree, you may include these credits in calculating your GPA.
Step 3 - GMAT/GRE Waiver will continue for the 2023 application cycle!
2023 Applicants: Submission of GMAT/GRE score is not required, but may make your application more competitive.
If you apply without scores and plan to test and report scores, please email an update of your plans to email@example.com.
Note: While the GMAT/GRE requirement is waived for the 2022-2023 application cycle, an updated 2024 GMAT/GRE policy will be announced by Autumn, 2023.
If the GMAT/GRE requirement is brought back for 2024, the waiver may also be available. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or concerns.
Step 4 - Acknowledgment
Log in to the UW Graduate School application website to confirm receipt of your application materials. All required materials must be received before your application will be reviewed. You may be contacted by the UW Bothell MBA Program Office requesting additional material as needed.
Step 5 - Admission interviews & decisions
The MBA Admissions Committee will review completed applications as soon as possible after any outstanding application pieces have been received.& Some applicants may be selected for interviews. Admission decisions are usually communicated within three weeks of the interviews.
In the online application, upload transcripts from each post-secondary school where a degree was earned (Bachelor of Arts or higher). Applicants are required by the UW Graduate School to have earned the equivalent of a 4 year U.S. bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution with a 3.0 or above grade point average. Applicants with a GPA that is slightly below 3.0 will be taken into consideration.
PLEASE NOTE: if you are admitted to the program, the University of Washington Graduate School will request an official transcript be sent directly to them. You will receive notification as to which transcript to send and where to send it. Do not mail transcripts or any documents to our office at UW Bothell.
Students who completed their bachelor's degree from the University of Washington are required to upload a copy of their UW transcripts into the online application when they apply. If UW graduates are accepted into the program, the UW will not require that the accepted applicants submit the final official version of the UW bachelor degree transcripts, since the transcripts will be automatically uploaded through the UW computer system.
- Type and years of full-time professional work experience, career progression, education, essays, references, and all other aspects of the application process continue to be considered in the admissions process.
- Autumn Quarter classes start in early September, three weeks prior to the start of Autumn Quarter for the general UW Bothell campus. The MBA cohort program begins with a Leadership Course, BBUS 501.
- Some course date information can be found on the Timeschedule.
- M/W cohort see 501 Sec. A (SLN 10908)
- T/TH cohort see 501 Sec. B (SLN 10909)
For questions regarding your submitted online application, please contact email@example.com.