Ron Tilden Accounting Scholarship
Purpose of the scholarship
The purpose of the Ron Tilden Accounting Scholarship is to provide financial support in the amount of $2,000 to two UW Bothell students who are pursuing their accounting degree and intend to pursue a career in the field of accounting.
The scholarship was created through the generous support of Ron and Gail Tilden, the CPA profession, UW Bothell accounting alumni, and many other supporters of the UW Bothell accounting program. The scholarship will provide support for accounting students in their junior, senior or super senior year in alignment with the UW Bothell’s mission, vision and values. The scholarship supports the commitment of both the University of Washington Bothell and the accounting profession to diversity, equity and inclusion.
Each scholarship has a value of $2,000 and will be applied to spring quarter tuition and fees.
The scholarship is offered once every academic year and is non-renewable.
- The scholarship is available to undergraduate students who are formally enrolled at the University of Washington Bothell in the School of Business pursing the Accounting option. Students pursing their 5th year of academic credit to become eligible to sit for the CPA exam are also encouraged to apply.
- Must be enrolled in a minimum of 5 credits during the quarters when the application is submitted and awarded.
- The successful applicants will demonstrate commitment to a career in accounting, convey the impact this scholarship will have on career goals and be students in good standing.
Application deadline: March 6, 2023
Award notification: April 3, 2023
How to apply
To apply, upload the following to the Google form linked below:
- A headshot of yourself (only include a headshot if you grant us permission to share your picture on our website and social media should we select you for this scholarship)
- Current resume that includes your overall GPA
- A 500–1500-word essay that addresses the following:
- Why you have chosen to pursue a career in accounting and the academic progress you have made toward this goal
- Your engagement in extracurricular activities that either support your career goals or the accounting profession’s commitment to giving back to our community
- Your financial need and how receiving this scholarship would help you achieve your career goals
(Make sure you’re signed into your UW Google account before accessing the application form.)