Funding Early Careers
View the list of internal UW funding available.
Early Career Funding
- Russell Sage Foundation with Gates Foundation, due in fall
The competition seeks to promote diversity in the social sciences broadly, including racial, ethnic, gender, disciplinary, institutional, and geographic diversity. For early and mid-career faculty.
- NSF CAREER, due in summer
Awards are in support of early-career faculty who have the potential to serve as academic role models in research and education and to lead advances in the mission of their department or organization. Activities pursued by early-career faculty should build a firm foundation for a lifetime of leadership in integrating education and research. NSF encourages submission by women, members of underrepresented minority groups, and persons with disabilities to apply.
CAREER Proposal Development Resources
These NSF CAREER proposal development resources will guide you to write and submit a NSF CAREER proposal
- Understanding the NSF CAREER Solicitation
What Defines a Successful CAREER proposal?
- Writing for the NSF Reviewer: Characteristics of an Easy-to-Review Proposal
Intellectual Merit and Broader Impacts
- Top Ten Mistakes to Avoid in Writing CAREER Proposals
- NSF CISE CAREER Proposal Writing Workshop
- NSF CISE CAREER Workshop 2017
- Developing a Budget for a NSF CAREER Proposal
- Contact Cindy Shirley at email@example.com.
- Developing Broader Impacts
- NSF CAREER Webinar