The Office of Research Staff
Assistant Vice Chancellor, Research
Assistant Vice Chancellor responsible for supporting all aspects of research administration for the UW Bothell campus.
Director, UW Bothell Sponsored Programs
A Certified Research Administrator and UW Bothell OSP here to assist in the wide-range aspects of research administration for UW Bothell.
Budget Fiscal Analyst Lead
Leena is a Fiscal Analyst focused on reconciling budgets, collecting GCCRs, and clarify fiscal compliance in the grants world.
Executive Director, Research Strategy for Broad Impact
Office Phone: 425.352.3492 Cell Phone: 314.956.9331
Creating cross-disciplinary opportunities by acting as the "fusion" between education, engineering, research, STEM, and communities within and beyond the University of Washington Bothell campus.
Project and Fiscal Coordinator
Website/marketing, special projects, research administration and fiscal compliance.
Office of Research Services
Not sure who to contact? Most of our staff is cross-trained in many services.
- Carolyn Brennan - looking for opportunities, grant writing and development, early career development
- Ann McMahon - looking for opportunities, grant writing and development, early career development, enhancing grant competitiveness, proposal review
- Cindy Shirley - budget development, kick-off meetings with PIs
- Leena Perera - creates eGC1s for UW Bothell faculty
- Sarah Verlinde - creates eGC1s for UW Bothell faculty, proposal graphs and image development/graphic design, improve researcher/lab website presence, digital badging, video production questions
- Cindy Shirley - manages Faculty Effort Certifications (FECs)
- Leena Perera - fiscal compliance contact, manages Grant and Contract Certification Reports (GCCRs) for staff effort, approves cost transfers for faculty, reconciles all grant budgets for faculty, quarterly check-ins and kick-off meetings with UW Bothell faculty PIs.
- Sarah Verlinde - fiscal compliance contact for centers, approves cost transfers for most centers, reconciles grant budgets for most centers, quarterly check-ins and kick-off meetings with center administrators, post "new award" announcements on website and as posters
Office of Sponsored Programs
In addition to her role in the Office of Research, Cindy Shirley also serves UW Bothell with a dotted-line to the Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) in Seattle. OSP reviews and submits proposals to external sponsors and accepts funding on behalf of the University for research, instruction, and other sponsored activity.
OSP supports the research community by establishing policies related to sponsored program funding, providing guidance and consultation, and serving as a formal liaison with the sponsor on administrative changes throughout the life of the award. Cindy is available to answer questions related to your project.
The Office of Research no longer provides Undergraduate Research services. However, Sarah Verlinde still manages the UWB Undergraduate Research Opportunities Database and the Undergraduate Research UWB site in order to keep these resources public and available to students.