Zeevo Group LLC
Joey is Chief Executive Officer of Seattle-based Zeevo Group, a business, finance, and information technology consulting services firm. Joey's career boasts more than two decades of assisting organizations, ranging from budding start-ups to well-known publicly listed businesses, in enhancing their enterprise and shareholder value through finance leadership, transformation, and compliance.
As a seasoned leader and reputable industry voice, Joey is often tapped by corporate boards and management to improve the effectiveness and success of their globe-spanning organizations.
Joey has held senior leadership positions in finance at such leading companies as: International Lease Finance Corporation (ILFC), AIG's former aircraft leasing arm; AerCap, the world's largest aircraft lessor; Deloitte and Touche LLP; and Western Wireless (T-Mobile).
Throughout her career, Joey has championed efforts to increase female representation in leadership roles and advance mentorship initiatives to drive rising young professionals' success in entrepreneurial endeavors.
Joey holds an M.B.A. in Technology Management and B.A. in Business Administration from the University of Washington, and pursued undergraduate studies in Business Administration at Babson College.
Connect with Joey on LinkedIn.
Joey on mentorship
Being a participant of Mentorship EDGE helps me become a better leader, while allowing me to shape the careers of fellow professionals.
Several teachers, professors, soccer and tennis coaches, as well as former colleagues, have had a profound impact on my career's path over the years, passing along the knowledge and skills that I can use now to make a difference in someone else's career.
- Personal brand
- Finance transformation
- Non-profit leadership
- Digital marketing
- Aircraft leasing
- Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX)-related compliance
- Cloud & data center internal controls
- Internal and external audit
- Program and project management
- System development lifecycle
- Legal entity structures
- Post-merger acquisitions
- Pre-merger due diligence
Favorite books / learning resources
- LinkedIn Learning
- Made to Stick by Chip Heath
- Dealing with Job Stress by Vernon E. Buck
- Swoosh by J. B. Strasser and Laurie Becklund
- Brag by Peggy Klaus
- The Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollan
- Broken Trust by Samuel P. King and Randall W. Ro
- Breaking the Habit of Being Yourself by Joe Dispenza
It's hard to choose just one fun fact. Those who know me well know several "fun facts." Two that come to mind are:
- I was a certified Advanced Open Water SCUBA diver before I could comfortably swim.
- I obtained my first business license at the age of 12 when I purchased a Hawaiian shaved ice business, Tropical Sno.