Childcare assistance application process

How To Apply

Students interested in obtaining funding to cover the costs of child care, including full-time, part- time, evening, weekend, and emergency care, may do so by completing the steps below. For questions or troubleshooting any application issues, please contact the Parenting Student Resource Program at or 425.352.3613.

1. Ensure that you are applying to the correct campus (incorrect UW campus applications will not be considered)

2. Complete the 2022-23 FAFSA or 2022-23 WASFA.

If you have any issues completing this document or are not able to complete, please contact for options. The FAFSA is required to be considered for the CCAMPIS award, which requires pell eligibility, determined by the FAFSA.

Students over the age of 24 who have a dependent(s) are considered independent and do not need to supply their parent/guardian financial information. This should make the completion process quicker and will provide options for funding that you may not previously have been aware of.

For questions, please contact the Financial Aid team at or 425-352-5240.

If you are an international student, you will need to complete the International Student Financial Statement.

3. Complete the Childcare Assistance Application form for the quarter you wish to request funding. The application is always open. Parenting students should complete an application for every quarter they wish to be considered for funding. Applications must be submitted by the deadline for each quarter. See table below.

Application QuarterApplication Deadline
AutumnSeptember 1
WinterDecember 1
SpringMarch 1
SummerJune 1

Application deadline dates do not change based on the day of the week. For example, if September 1 is a Saturday, the deadline is still the 1st. Applications will be considered after the deadline as funds remain.

4. Complete a Revision Request Form done online that goes to the Office of Financial Aid. This form is used to factor in the costs of childcare to potentially revise your financial aid award.

5. Submit your child care cost verification form and receipts at the end of each quarter.

If you need to report changes after you have submitted an application, or if your child care situation changes during the quarter, please send updates via email to or call 425.352.3613.

Funding Information

Funding will be awarded on a quarter-by-quarter basis. Applications will be considered after the deadline as resources are available. For questions about Financial Aid, please contact or 425-352-5240.

The application for each respective quarter covers the following months:

QuarterMonths Covered
SummerJuly, August, September
AutumnOctober, November, December
WinterJanuary, Febuary, March
SpringApril, May, June

We continue to re-assess and evaluate our funding levels throughout the quarter trying to meet the needs of as many student parents as we are able.

Eligibility Requirements

In order to qualify for child care assistance, you need to:

  • be enrolled at UW Bothell Campus,
  • be the legal, physical, or custodial parent of the child,
  • meet financial need requirements
  • pay Service and Activities fee any quarter recieving the subsidy, and,
  • use the Department of Children, Youth, and Families licensed provider not related by blood or marriage to the student.

Financial Need Requirements

Funding for the Child Care Assistance Program is limited to student parents with financial need as determined by the Office of Student Financial Aid based on your FAFSA/WASFA or International Student Financial Statement.


Information regarding the amount of your funding or disbursement of your funds will not be released to anyone other than the awarded student unless a yearly authorization for information release is completed online with the Office of Student Financial Aid (Direct deposit and information release can be set up online through your Student Personal Service via MyUW.

Tax Information

Money received through the Child Care Assistance Program may be considered taxable income and will be listed on your 1098T form.

International Students: If you are receiving additional Grant or Fellowship funding, that combined with your Childcare Grant exceeds your tuition charge you may be subject to a 14% tax on the amount that exceeds tuition. Please review tax information regarding “ Foreign Person’s U.S. Source income” IRS’s website.

Please note: we are not trained to advise on tax laws. Please contact a tax advisor for their instructions.

CCAMPIS Award Information

Students applying for child care access funding using the application process above will be automatically considered for additional funding by the CCAMPIS (Child Care Access Means Parents in School) Award. The CCAMPIS program is funded by a grant provided by the United States Department of Education and aims to provide child care funding that serves low-income students enrolled at institutions of higher education.

Students who meet one or more of the following criteria will be considered for this award:

  • Undergraduate student eligible to receive a Federal Pell grant
  • Graduate student who would otherwise be Pell grant eligible (Pell grants are only extended to undergraduate students, but if you meet the requirements to receive a pell grant or received as an undergraduate, you may be considered)

A sliding scale is used to determine an award amount (ranging from $200- $2400 per quarter) and is based on Pell grant eligibilty as well as the following items:

  • Academic performance
  • Currently serving on active duty, in the National Guard, in the U.S. Reserve, a veteran, a dependent spouse or child, a surviving dependent of a deceased service member
  • Children are eligible for free and reduced lunch

Students will be notified of any CCAMPIS award at the same time awards provided by the child care assistance program are released.

Parenting Student Resources Program Contact

Prospective students can schedule an appointment by calling or emailing Christina Hughes at or 425-352-3613.

Current students can request an appointment through Navigate by selecting the care unit “Childcare and Resources for Parenting Students”.

Founders Hall/UW1-186
18115 Campus Way NE

Mailing address
Childcare Assistance Program
University of Washington
Box 358563
Bothell, WA 98011-8246

Phone: 425-352-3613