Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP) Application Process

The UW Bothell Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP) provides assistance to UW Bothell students in covering the costs of licensed childcare for their children (newborn – 12 years old) while enrolled in an eligible program of study. This award is funded jointly by Services & Activities fees and a federal CCAMPIS Grant through the Department of Education.

Eligibility Requirements

In order to qualify for child care assistance, you need to:

  • be enrolled at UW Bothell Campus,
  • be the legal, physical, or custodial parent of the child,
  • meet financial need requirements,
  • pay Service and Activities fee any quarter recieving the subsidy, and,
  • use a Department of Children, Youth, and Families licensed provider not related by blood or marriage to the student.

Financial Need Requirements

Funding for the Child Care Assistance Program is limited to student parents with financial need as determined by the Office of Student Financial Aid based on your FAFSA/WASFA or International Student Financial Statement.

How To Apply

Students interested in obtaining funding to cover the costs of child care, including full-time, part- time, evening, weekend, and emergency care, may do so by completing the steps below. For questions or troubleshooting any application issues, please contact the Parenting Student Resource Program at

1. Ensure that you are applying to the correct campus (incorrect UW campus applications will not be considered).

2. Complete the 2023-2024 FAFSA or 2023-2024 WASFA.

If you have any issues completing this document or are not able to complete, please contact to discuss options. Failure to submit a current FAFSA (or WASFA) may limit the funds you are eligible for through CCAP.

For questions, please contact the Financial Aid team at or 425-352-5240.

3. If you are an international student, you will need to complete the International Student Financial Statement.

4. Complete the Childcare Assistance Application form for the quarter you wish to request funding.

5. Complete a Financial Aid Revision Request Form. This form is used by The Office of Student Financial Aid to factor in the costs of childcare to potentially revise your financial aid award, allowing for additional funding without reducing other sources of aid.

If you need to report changes after you have submitted an application, or if your child care situation changes during the quarter, please send updates via email to

What Happens After I Submit an Application?

You will receive an automated response after your application is submitted via Microsoft Forms. The Parenting Student Resource Program Manager will reach out to you via email with any questions or if any additional information is needed to process you application.

CCAP award notifications will be sent via email before the 1st day of the quarter (for those who apply before the priority deadline), or within 2 weeks of application date (for those who apply after the priority deadline).

At the end of each quarter: Submit your child care cost verification form and receipts.

Failure to submit cost verification for CCAP awards may prevent students from receiving funding in future quarters.

Funding Information

Funding will be awarded on a quarter-by-quarter basis based on availability of funds and student need. Receiving funding for one quarter does not automatically guarantee funding will be awarded in future quarters.

For questions about Financial Aid, please contact or 425-352-5240.

The application for each respective quarter covers the following months:

QuarterMonths CoveredPriority Application Deadline
SummerJuly, August, SeptemberN/A (no priority deadline for summer quarter)
AutumnOctober, November, DecemberSeptember 1
WinterJanuary, February, MarchDecember 1
SpringApril, May, JuneMarch 1

We continue to re-assess and evaluate our funding levels throughout the quarter trying to meet the needs of as many student parents as we are able.

Services and Activities Fees

Services and Activities Fees (SAF) are charged to all registered students for the express purpose of funding student services and programs. The level and distribution of the fee is recommended by the SAF Committee, approved by the chancellor, and authorized by the Board of Regents for each academic year. The Parenting Student Resource Program submits an annual request from SAF as our primary source of funding for CCAP awards.

CCAMPIS Award Information

The CCAMPIS program is funded by a grant provided by the United States Department of Education and aims to provide child care funding that serves low-income students enrolled at institutions of higher education. Students applying for child care access funding using the application process above will be automatically considered for additional funding by the CCAMPIS (Child Care Access Means Parents in School) Award.

Students who meet one or more of the following criteria will be considered for this award:

  • Undergraduate student eligible to receive a Federal Pell grant,
  • Graduate student who would otherwise be Pell grant eligible (Pell grants are only extended to undergraduate students, but if you meet the requirements to receive a Pell grant or received as an undergraduate, you may be considered).

A sliding scale is used to determine an award amount and based on some of the following criteria:

  • Academic performance/GPA,
  • Currently serving on active duty, in the National Guard, in the U.S. Reserve, a veteran, a dependent spouse or child, a surviving dependent of a deceased service member,
  • Children are eligible for free and reduced lunch.

Students will be notified of any CCAMPIS award at the same time awards provided by the child care assistance program are released.

Tax Information

Money received through the Child Care Assistance Program may be considered taxable income and will be listed on your 1098T form.

International Students: If you are receiving additional Grant or Fellowship funding, that combined with your Childcare Grant exceeds your tuition charge you may be subject to a 14% tax on the amount that exceeds tuition. Please review tax information regarding “ Foreign Person’s U.S. Source income” IRS’s website.

Please note: we are not trained to advise on tax laws. Please contact a tax advisor for their instructions.