The purpose of the General Faculty Organization (GFO) is to serve as the forum for faculty deliberation and decision-making and for the formulation and conveyance of advice to the Chancellor of the UW Bothell Campus on a wide range of matters related to the mission of UW Bothell. There are 5 councils of the GFO, each with a different set of responsiblities. To learn more about the GFO councils, click here.
2021 - 2022 GFO Officers:
- Jason Naranjo, GFO Chair
- Shauna Carlisle, GFO Vice Chair
- Keith Nitta, GFO Past Chair
GFO Quarterly General Meetings
General GFO meetings are held at least once per quarter. The agenda is developed by the Executive Council and all faculty are invited and encouraged to attend and provide feedback and insight into important UWB topics.
- October 28, 2021, 2-3pm via Zoom
- January 27, 2022, 2-3pm via Zoom
- April 28, 2022, 2-3pm via Zoom
Upcoming Faculty Events
Select display (list or summary)
News & Announcements
Academic Integrity & Equitable Assessment Discussion Panel
In the Apr 29 GFO Spring meeting, a panel of UW Bothell staff and faculty shared insightful perspectives and helpful resources on the topics of academic integrity & equitable assessment at UW Bothell. If you were unable to attend the meeting, you can view a recording of the meeting here and/or read the meeting minutes (with resource links) here.
- Katie Horowitz, Director of Residential Life & Student Conduct
- Mary Toll, Assistant Director of Student Conduct
- Pen Moon, Director of Digital Learning and Engagement
- Karen Rosenberg, Director of Learning and Teaching Collaborative
- Emily Gismervig, Associate Teaching Professor, STEM
- Rachel Scherr, Assistant Professor, STEM
- Carrie Tzou, Professor, Education