Tuition information

Veteran & family tuition rates

Qualifying veterans can receive in-state tuition rates. Students applying for residency using the military forms provided by UW are eligible to pay resident tuition and fees; however, are not eligible for state need-based financial aid. Approval to pay resident tuition via the military forms does not grant bona fide residency in Washington State.

Resident Tuition Rates

Non-resident students who fall under the following categories may be able to apply for resident tuition:

  • Active duty military member, or a member’s spouse or dependent
  • Washington National Guard member, or a member’s spouse or dependent

Military forms & more information

Reduction program

If you are an active or reserve veteran who has served in active federal service in a war or conflict fought on foreign soil or international waters, you may be eligible for the VA Tuition Reduction Program.

More about the tuition reduction program

Tuition waivers

Some veterans and dependents are eligible to receive a waiver of their tuition and fees.

More about tuition waivers and qualifications