Know the priority filing date
- The UW Bothell has a priority date of January 15th each year.
- This means that the FAFSA or WASFA must be received by the processor on or before January 15th to be consider for priority funds.
**Please note that the Federal Processor for the FAFSA is located in the Central Time Zone and the FAFSA must be received by 10pm Pacific Time, January 15th to meet the priority date.
Apply for the FSA ID
- Create an FSA ID by visiting Create a New FSA ID.
- If you are a dependent student, your parents will also create an FSA ID in order to sign your FAFSA.
Gather financial information
- For the 2020-2021 academic year, you will need income information for the 2018 tax year.
Submit your financial aid application
- Go to www.fafsa.ed.gov to complete your FAFSA online. You and your parent will electronically sign your application with your FSA IDs.
- The WASFA application can be completed through following link: www.readysetgrad.org/wasfa
Receive your Student Aid Report
- After you submit your application you will receive an email to access your Student Aid Report (SAR) information after your submit your FAFSA/WASFA.
- Review and make any corrections necessary to your FAFSA/WASFA.
- Make sure that your name, date of birth, and social security number are accurate.
Award Financial Aid
- The UW Office of Student Financial Aid will create an award package for you and you will receive an email instructing you to log into your myUW account.
- By logging into your myUW account, you can review, accept and or reject your award offer.
- Your financial aid award may be preliminary until we complete the review of your FAFSA/WASFA information.
- Accept your aid as directed even if your are requesting or expecting changes.
- Unaccepted awards are subject to cancellation.