Other admission types

Non-matriculated students

Non-Matriculated status is used by non-degree seeking students at UW Bothell. Although a student enrolled in a non-matriculated status cannot earn a degree, a grade is earned and full credit is awarded and recorded on the student’s University of Washington transcript. Credits earned by a non-matriculated student usually transfer to other institutions. If a student is later accepted into a matriculated status at UW Bothell, courses earned as a non-matriculated student may be applied to undergraduate degree requirements, with some restrictions. Non-matriculated students are enrolled as space permits.

Returning students

A UW Bothell student who has been away for more than one quarter (excluding summer) must submit a Returning Student Request form, and pay a non-refundable $60 application fee by the application priority date. Please see the Returning Student Process web page for details, and a link to the form. Students should contact their previous academic program to verify any additional requirements. Returning non-matriculated students should complete the Non- Matriculated Student application, not the Returning Student Request form.

Post-baccalaureate students

Post-baccalaureate is a matriculated status describing students who have completed one or more baccalaureate degrees and are working toward another baccalaureate degree. The application of previous courses toward graduation requirements will be determined by program faculty and advisors. Students are not eligible to earn a second baccalaureate degree in the same field of study as any previously earned baccalaureate degree(s).