Inclement Weather Procedures
The Inclement Weather/Campus Closure Policy describes the policy and procedures that UW Bothell/Cascadia uses for campus closures due to inclement weather such as snow, flood or severe storms. This document is updated annually.
In consultation with the Vice Chancellor for Planning & Adminstration, the UW Bothell Weather Team will take the lead on notifying appropriate persons and organizations in the event of a campus closure. All institutional partners will be contacted including Cascadia College and our vendor service providers.
Information on the suspension of classes or campus operations will be available from the following notification systems:
- UW Bothell Information Line: 425-352-3333
- UW Bothell Website Homepage: www.uwb.edu
- UW Bothell emergency page: uwb.edu/emergency
- UW Omnilert System (receive text message alerts and/or email) www.washington.edu/safety/alert/
- Public School Emergency Communication System: www.flashalert.
- UW Bothell Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/uwbothell
- UW Bothell Twitter Page: www.twitter.com/uwbothell
- AlertUs Desktop Notification: message alerts scroll on UW Bothell computers
For Traffic and Weather conditions you may consult the following sites:
- Washington State D.O.T. Traffic Cameras
Campus-wide closures at UWB will be decided by “class blocks” based on when a class begins. Decisions will be made as close to the target announcement time as the weather allows.
|Class Block||Time||Decision to be made by|
|Early Morning Classes||7:00am to 11:00am||5:00am|
|Daytime Classes||11:00am to 4:30pm||9:00am|
|Early Evening Classes||4:30pm to 8:00pm||2:30pm|
|Late Evening Classes||8:00pm to 10:00pm||5:00pm|