Become an Educational Studies Major
If you are a current UW Bothell student and have questions about becoming an Educational Studies major or applying to the Elementary Education Option (which requires an additional, internal application), you should meet with an SES advisor to review admissions and degree requirements. To add the Educational Studies major, students must submit an online application. SES accepts students each quarter.
On this page
|Admission Quarter||Application Deadline|
|Winter||October 10; Extended to October 25|
- 45 quarter credits completed (or in-progress) at UW Bothell or transferred from other accredited institutions
- B WRIT 134 Composition or other English Composition course with grade of 2.0 (C letter grade) or higher (or in-progress)
Note: S/NS Grades during COVID-19 – For quarters designated as having extenuating circumstances, SES will consider a S (satisfactory) grade as fulfilling admission requirements.
How to Apply
Current Pre-Major Students & Students Seeking Double Major or Change of Major
- Meet with a Pre-Major advisor for academic planning and to review admissions requirements.
- Submit an internal major application
- Attend new major orientation and meet with your SES advisor to review degree requirements