Elementary Education Teacher Certification Post-Baccalaureate
Earn a teaching certification in one year
The UW Bothell Elementary Education Teacher Certification Post-Baccalaureate Program prepares students to become certified teachers in Washington state elementary schools. Upon completion of this highly-structured, one-year course of study, students meet all the requirements to be recommended for Washington state residency teacher certification.
UW Bothell’s “cohort model” post-baccalaureate program progresses students together through a series of teaching methods courses and student teaching internships, cultivating a supportive learning community and life-long professional colleagues.
Students in UW Bothell teacher certification programs become teachers who are thoughtful about their own learning, as well as the learning of their students.
- Full-time, day-time program with some evening classes
- Spring Quarter start
- Courses taught by full-time UW faculty
- Students learn to design and employ curriculum and instructional practices that promote equity and social justice
- School placement partnerships with local school districts serving diverse student populations
- Dedicated academic advising and school placement staff
- Professional development and certification exam preparation workshops
- Students may use financial aid to fund program
The application for the Spring 2024 Cohort is now closed.
The application to the Spring 2025 Cohort will open in Autumn 2024.
- TBD – Application
- TBD – Materials
Connect with an admissions counselor and receive program details and application reminders.
Join us to learn about the program, admissions, and have the opportunity to ask questions.