Natasha Hakimali Merchant, Ph.D.
Dr. Merchant is an Assistant Professor of Education at the University of Washington Bothell, situated on unceded ancestral lands of the Coast Salish people. Her teaching, largely in the social foundations of education, involves explorations of structural inequity, resistance and liberation. Her research interests stem from curiosities of how students encounter themselves as othered-subjects in social studies curricula.
- B CORE 107 Discovery Core I: Individuals and Society
- BEDUC 205 Education & Equity in the U.S.
- BEDUC 220 Education & Society
- BEDUC 475 Global Perspectives on Diversity and Citizenship Education
- BEDUC 255/BIS 255 Critical Diversity Studies
- BIS 328 Diversity, Leadership, and Engagement
- BEDUC 230 Culture, Knowledge, and Education
- BEDUC 330 Race, Culture, and Identity in the Classroom
- BEDUC 512 Social Justice Education: Oppression, Resistance, and Liberation