Achieving Community Transformation (ACT)
Achieving Community Transformation is a student organization supported by the Office of Community-Based Learning and Research located in the Student Success Center. ACT is also in partnership with Student Engagement and Activities on MLK Programming as well as Alternative Spring Break Programming. ACT Student Leaders initiate and support ongoing dialogues between students and organizations within the Greater Bothell area to provide engaging service and civic engagement opportunities. Civic engagement is defined as promoting the quality of life in the community, through both political and non-political processes.
2018-2019 ACT Student Service Leads
- Neha Chhabra
- Rama Tadmori
- Yaqoob Zakaria
Achieving Community Transformation (ACT) initiates and supports an ongoing dialogue with internal and external organizations to provide opportunities for service, civic engagement, and social justice based on cultivating passion and the understanding of student and community needs.
- Help students explore and build on their passions, future career experiences, and overall personal growth.
- Build positive relationships with internal and external organizations to promote the quality of life within the community.
- Redefine attitudes toward service and volunteering to show students that service opportunities can be based on their interests and goals.
- Get more students involved in civic engagement through service, volunteering, and non partisan discourse.
- Plan major services events that are flexible for students who are new to service and can help raise awareness about issues.
2018-2019 Service Projects & Civic Events:
Threads & Treads Service Project
Join ACT at Threads and Treads for a sorting day service project! We will organize donations collected by the campus clothing drive. All majors are welcome. Limited transportation is provided. Snacks are provided.
Registration for Threads & Treads Service Project
- Date: Saturday Dec 1, 2018
- Time: 9am-12pm
- Location: Canyon Park Middle School; 23723 23rd Avenue SE Bothell,WA 98021
Threads & Treads Clothing Drive
Join ACT in sharing the warmth by bringing in your gently used clothing to our clothing drive. Threads & Treads provides Northshore families free, quality donated clothing for school-age youth, teens, young adults and parents. Clothing items include appropriate clothing for the school day and special events, sportswear, shoes and accessories. New socks and underwear are also welcome.
- Date: Now through Dec 1, 2018
- Box Locations: UW1, Food for Thought, Commons, Disc Hall
See additional past events
2018-2019 ACT Student Service Lead Contacts:
Students can also connect with ACT’s Facebook page.
Visit the ACT page on OrgSync and get involved today!